OK here is your chance to get Rope lol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i tend to sell saws before they get too beat up. i have at the longest kept work saws for a year. but the conditions i work in make saws look bad really quick. the internals are smooth as silk but on the outside they are rough. its gotten so wet around here that the grit and grime take a toll on the outsides of a saw. i also tend to take the funds from building and selling reworked saws to buy my new saws so i really am out nothing but my time,and according to my wallet my time isnt worth much now adays...:mad:

$450? Sounds a little high. What parts are you putting into it? What about a BB Kit.

I was thinking, bearings, seals,cylinder,piston,vent,fuel lines,impulse line and was thinking of using OEM but it may change! I already have the stroker lol so a basically new non epa xp is worth 450 right? I know it ain't in resale but I am not selling it ya know!

I was thinking, bearings, seals,cylinder,piston,vent,fuel lines,impulse line and was thinking of using OEM but it may change! I already have the stroker lol so a basically new non epa xp is worth 450 right? I know it ain't in resale but I am not selling it ya know!

I guess if ya go all OEM then ya, but how much for a OEM cylinder and piston? Sound good what you want to do though. Will be nice to have new bearings and fuel lines, impluse, filters done.

I will never buy a 8 month saw again. I would wear a 440 out in two days trying to get done what my husky did in one imho.

If that 372 lasted 8 years, a 440 would have done 16. Personally I don't think it ran for 8 years, probably came out of the box a few weeks ago. That is their common life span.:hmm3grin2orange:

I guess if ya go all OEM then ya, but how much for a OEM cylinder and piston? Sound good what you want to do though. Will be nice to have new bearings and fuel lines, impluse, filters done.

The non epa cylinder asy is 312! The bearings 40 and seals 40 I thought the cylinder assembly came with piston so I may be wrong it may be 550 but still better than the new strato bs ehh?

If I remember correctly the bearings should last two top ends before they normally need to be replaced. I say if they're smooth and have no play, a new top end, seals and lines should get her up and running.:cheers:

Last edited:
Back