OK here is your chance to get Rope lol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
Reaction score
I have had my 372 for near eight years and yesterday I believe I scorched a piston. Mind you I have not tore it down as of yet but checked compression when it lost power and actually died! I have the other one so in a few days I will tear it down and I think I will go ahead and change seals,tank vent and maybe bearings it has cut more in eight years than any saw I can remember. I am still wondering what happened as it was running great one minute and toasted in a stump the next. Ethanol hmmmmmmmmmm?

PS: compression is 105

Last edited:
Well that sucks for you. :cry: I guess after 8 years the saw doesn't really owe you anything.

Think a leak in a gas line? Were you running ethanol gas? Had her tuned good?

I aint gonna hack on ya buddy. Hate to hear it about your 372. Sounds like it's been there for you awhile. They will all go sometimes. But they can all be brought back too.

Good luck with it. Should of bought a Stihl! :spam: Sorry, had to.

Well that sucks for you. :cry: I guess after 8 years the saw doesn't really owe you anything.

It was high use and I mean high lol it was my only big saw for first five years in my service! I can't complain one bit, I would buy one just like it new if they made them still. Instead I will just rebuild it completely as I feel its worth it.

Chance to get ole rope huh. I ain't giving ya nothing. Crap or an new 372.:) Good luck getting her back together. :cheers:

Think a leak in a gas line? Were you running ethanol gas? Had her tuned good?

I aint gonna hack on ya buddy. Hate to hear it about your 372. Sounds like it's been there for you awhile. They will all go sometimes. But they can all be brought back too.

Good luck with it. Should of bought a Stihl! :spam: Sorry, had to.

I know you had to pal but this saw probably had four thousand hours or better it earned its keep [can't say that about any of my other saws.]

Air leak?

Most likely, I will take muffler off in a few days and see what it looks like inside the cylinder.
I am not even considering testing the case I am just putting new seals possible bearings, likely cylinder and piston,vent, lines and filter which should be good for many years to come. If the ethanol is not killing them?

8 years is pretty good to get out of a piece of OPE. I guess a teardown with some pics are in order.

I know you had to pal but this saw probably had four thousand hours or better it earned its keep [can't say that about any of my other saws.]

I know why you love your saw then. It's a good feeling to know that saw is going to work for you everytime you pull the cord. Heartbreaker when it finally does die.

It's the same with my old 066. Had it 16 years. It was my dads for the first 3-4 years though. I can't imagine how many hours were on it but I logged with it for three years, sold lots of firewood most of the other years. It is ugly as crap but it runs every time I start it.

This is where we clash on brands. But the clash is not without cause. And we both stand by our saws because of the way they have treated us. The clash also makes for fun arguments. Rep for you good buddy!

Here's some old school creamsickle pics for you..
100_0957.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe something worked loose...

Lol well its going to be completely re-done, thats why I am not in a hurry, I will have to get my cost figured in. I gave 6 something in 2003 so if it costs the same to put it back new, no big deal, as I know it will last another 8. I may look first for a new old stock xp but we all know their tought to locate and going up.

Rope,

You got your money's worth out of her.
I say good on you for rebuilding her.

Good luck.

Im Glad you are not switching to the cream sickle dark side.....

8 yrs,is that all. come on cant them husky saws do better than 8 years.................. just poking fun at the husky folks,i am definately a stihl man but 8 yrs aint too shabby even if it was a husky:monkey:

Back