Ok I think I got the bug......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watchamakalit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just got into this whole wood cutting thing about 2yrs ago when i bought a fisher wood stove from a buddy for my garage. Now I am hooked and just bought a new to me saw.

I picked up a PM700 off craigslist. It will make a nice compliment to my crapsman and the mac6. What I need to know from you guys is.....is there anywhere I can buy a longer bar? It came with a 20" bar and I would like to step to a 26" +/- an inch or two. I have searched and haven't been able to find a source. So will any other bar fit this saw? IE: stihl, husky, dolmar.....

Yup, he beat me to it! D176, 24" Power Match list $66.00, part number 240RNDD176. 28" Power Match, 280RNDD176, List price $76.00 according to my Oregon book! :) Good luck!

Thanks guys. I knew if anyone would know you guys would. Am I a fool for using this saw? I know some of the older macs are somewhat collectable and I would hate to be using something that is worth a ton of money to a collector. I cut a little with it last night and it runs great and seems to be unstopable compared to my crapsman. I am not planning on using it alot just for the bigger stuff.

It's a chainsaw, I'd use it! :chainsaw: Keep it in good condition, keep it mixed properly, get it repaired if it needs it....keep the chain sharp and enjoy it! You'll want a new saw after a couple months here anyways...especially if you have:

headaches, nausea, upset stomach, indigestion, gout, liver spots, financial problems, impotence, a leaky roof, or a check engine light on your car....they'll recommend a Stihl!

hahahaha

It's a chainsaw, I'd use it! :chainsaw: Keep it in good condition, keep it mixed properly, get it repaired if it needs it....keep the chain sharp and enjoy it! You'll want a new saw after a couple months here anyways...especially if you have:

headaches, nausea, upset stomach, indigestion, gout, liver spots, financial problems, impotence, a leaky roof, or a check engine light on your car....they'll recommend a Stihl!

hahahaha

hahahaha yea I have been reading on here for a few months now and already learned that. But most of my buddies around here are diehard stihl fans and i have always been an against the crowd kinda guy. Plus now that I have my mac they can all see what real power can do.....:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

BTW great site tons of awesome info. Now it is time to learn how to hand sharpen...

Thanks guys. I knew if anyone would know you guys would. Am I a fool for using this saw? I know some of the older macs are somewhat collectable and I would hate to be using something that is worth a ton of money to a collector. I cut a little with it last night and it runs great and seems to be unstopable compared to my crapsman. I am not planning on using it alot just for the bigger stuff.

I bought a PM700 this past summer for very little money. Cosmetically it's in good shape. Not as nice as some I've seen. Needed a set of spikes. It's role will be my "woodpile" saw that stays at the house. It's a great saw for that purpose. I'd like to see a pic of yours.

I bought a PM700 this past summer for very little money. Cosmetically it's in good shape. Not as nice as some I've seen. Needed a set of spikes. It's role will be my "woodpile" saw that stays at the house. It's a great saw for that purpose. I'd like to see a pic of yours.

From what I have found online I got a hella deal on mine. Here is the only pic I have so far. Sorry for the crappyness of the pic. It was a last minute cell phone pic. I will get some better ones of it tonight when I am home.
2284489540045357542S600x600Q85.jpg

Hell no!!!

Use the heck outta it!!! Thats is if you can stand the weight,,vibs,,but I tell ya,,you have a great saw.....Good for fellin and bucking if you wanna go old school...I love mine,,,and I dont use it alot as I used too,,and it wont cut as fast as my Stihls,,Husky,,but it got alot of torque behind it,,and dont bog down as the others.....Always love the sounds of the Mac's...You will know what I mean the longer you use it....

Well I made a couple of cuts with it last night and was really impressed with the power it made. You could literally push it down through the log and it wouldn't bog. I don't think you can stop that saw. I am gonna get a 28" and chisel chain ordered this weekend and then it will be game on for the big stuff. Now if only my truck were bigger.....

My 3 fav. fellin saws..

Yes..The PM700 is in there...It really is a ball to run,,but just hard on the old man anymore....I used it for 8 hours last spring and my back ached,,hands was numb for a few hours,,,but it was a good,,fun day...You got something you should be proud of,,cause it truly is a good saw,,and a joy to run...
attachment.php

It just keeps making me feel better and better about my purchase to hear all you guys say its a great saw. Now maybe my friends won't laugh at me so much for owning a crapsman....

Lmao!!!

Yeah,,you pull the PM700 out and if they never heard one before they prob. :censored: their pants.....LOL!!

Well I made a couple of cuts with it last night and was really impressed with the power it made. You could literally push it down through the log and it wouldn't bog. I don't think you can stop that saw. I am gonna get a 28" and chisel chain ordered this weekend and then it will be game on for the big stuff. Now if only my truck were bigger.....

I've read posts here that say the PM700 cuts right there with a Stihl 044. I notice that yours doesn't have felling/bucking spikes. You can find them on Ebay from time to time. They make big difference in bigger wood.

I've read posts here that say the PM700 cuts right there with a Stihl 044. I notice that yours doesn't have felling/bucking spikes. You can find them on Ebay from time to time. They make big difference in bigger wood.

Yea dogs are on my list of things to get. I am also gonna invest in a second chain for the 20" bar as well as an extra for the 28". I have a good feeling the crapsman won't leave the case near as often now that I have the mac.

I dont know, but I think if it was me and I could get by with a 24" bar, I think I would stop there for the pm700.

My thoughts were there isn't much price difference between the 24 and the 28 so I might as well go with the 28 cause it would suck to need it and not have it. You think it would be too much bar for the pm700?

Latest posts

Back