Ok Ive measured 10 times.Somebody tell me if I'm right.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here's the deal.My current cylinder "prince 909124" measures 34.5'' center to center of pins.Its old and no longer available so I cant find specs to verify I'm doing it right.New cylinders of same bore and stroke say 34.25'' center to center.I ordered a 5'' bore to replace my blown out cylinder and it says 36.25 center to center.When my current cylinder is fully extended I have a 2'' gap between the wedge and foot.If my measurement of my current cylinder is correct Ill still have some wiggle room with the new cylinder.If not it should still fit but a tight fit.So I guess my question is does anybody know if the older prince cylinders were longer center to center on the pins than the new ones? Thanks.

You can rig some air hose fittings and extend the cyl if you need an exact extenended measurement. Be careful with air trh pressure builds then it extends rapidly. It works best with some sort of valve so you can"bump" it out.

Latest posts

Back