OK..... who is gonna be the guinea pig?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Troghöhler mit Doppelkopf? Sign me up!! I've actually bought from Sagenspezi before, they're a big German aftermarket maker of Stihl and other chainsaw parts (though all made in China). Here's another Troghöhler design at work. I can start making dugout canoes! :p

I use one of these so I can woodwork in the shop . Makes great bowls ,chainsaw and attachment would be to heavy after a while
I have one of those Kutzall extreme wood shaping discs I use for all my live edge work. Really handy tool. I stayed far away from the chain shapers for angle grinders from all the horror stories I heard about kickback. That Arbortech does look great for bowl shaping. Really can't think of much use for the chainsawwood trencher aside from dugout canoes.

Wow, kinda neat.

I have a good friend that tried to use that saw chain cutter on a disk on his cordless grinder..... 1 handed of course. As you could imagine, the disk caught, shooting the tool wildly to side over the top of his other hand. Cut many tendons and flesh in the process. Painful lesson.

Of course, he bought it online as the disk was not sold in stores around here.

Wasn't there a ban on those at 1 time.... thought I read that somewhere..... hmmmm

1701620867269.png

Wasn't there a ban on those at 1 time.... thought I read that somewhere..... hmmmm
If not, there should have been. Absolute nightmare of a device. I'm super careful and hold tight with both hands with my Kutzall disc cause while it doesn't kick back for the most part, it still can shred you if you lose control of it.

Latest posts

Back