Okay this is not going well.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

partsman51

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Started out with one little chainsaw, now I have four gas ones, one of which I just aquired in the last couple weeks, and one electric one, and now I find out from a post on a hunting site I frequent that this fellow has a Sears 50th Anniversary one that if I understood correctly is also a 16" that he has agreed to sell to me for $50.00C.DN.
So my question is if this one is worth that price due to it being an anniversary one?
He is up in an area about 6 or so hours away from me.
Said it ran great when he last ran it, below is part of what he said.

This is part of what he said, " i have one of those in my garage with the original molded sears case and instructions

just incase you want a spare for parts..."

Last edited:
I also started out with only one chainsaw. Don't be mislead - when you get to four there is no looking back. I just celebrated my 30th anniversary and I would have to agree my bride was definately worth the asking price even though I did not get another for spare parts.
I'd never buy a saw beacause it was an anniversary model but everone to his own.
I bet this has really helped. Sorry.
Al

Well was just wondering if these were any better made or even collectable, seemed decent for $50.00

I doubt its "better made" but may be a collectable to the right guy.

Without knowing anything about it (age, power, which poulan its modeled after etc), its tough to say. $50 for a running saw is often not a bad price, but then I got my running 036 for $70.

Whether or not its a collectible would be the bigger issue for the $$. I really only buy chainsaws to use, not collect. My guess is someone thats an expert on such things will come into this thread soon enough.

Well I did not ask him, but I gather the 50th anniversary was in 2003, so it is not as old as my other ones.
Just he is in Kelowna, so would have to arrange somehow to get it down here, he suggested if I knew someone up there they could grab it for me, but still leaves me with getting it here, around 5 or so hours away.
Unless I arrange a courier or someone to pick it up, but don't know what that costs or if they would say no to something that had gas in it at one time.

Well turned out the saw is silver and it says limited edition on it.
Not bad shape fired up pretty quick.
Need to tighten up the recoil rope, and its chain looks pretty ratty and it has the power Sharp.

I paid $50.00 for a running J-red 630 super with a new? chain. 6hrs and $50. is a little out of my reasoning for a rebadged Poulan. Sears NEVER made anything!!!

Back