Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard through the grapevine that Denny at interfaith is being overwhelmed with firewood needs and buried in snow up in WI...
Would any of you hard core firewooders be interested in a possible trip up north when the snow is off to try and get their reserves back up to snuff? It's been a rough year up there...

I've got a bunch of Locust I could give away. Tell me how long the sticks need to be and I'll have more than you can load ready. I'm not sure I could afford a trip up there but if a couple guys want to haul a trailer full of wood I can fill them.

Hedge, how far away is it using KC as a reference?
The location would be a little north and East of Grantsburg, WI if I recall. I allow 11 hrs from my place, 8-9 from KC.
You run straight up 35...

ROAD TRIP????? DID SOMEBODY SAY ROAD TRIP???????????
If I can get it in the schedule, figure me in.
What month does snow vaporize up there?
It depends on the year.. Its been warmish by March before, but April is more likely.. Hard to say.

I've got a bunch of Locust I could give away. Tell me how long the sticks need to be and I'll have more than you can load ready. I'm not sure I could afford a trip up there but if a couple guys want to haul a trailer full of wood I can fill them.

If Denny is feeling up to it, I think all we would need is splitter power and lots of man power. He usually has mountains of logs that have to be processed. Denny has had a bout with cancer, not sure how he's getting on right now. Boyd will check on him and let us know.

If you have locust to give away I will be there when it is ready to pick up.:):):) Very generous of U..

Morning Driver. Had part of the shop at 30° at 4am, opened the dampers on the wood stoves & it is up to 38° at 6:15 am. Too big of an area to get to heat real well, 35' x 54' with a 10' wall on one side & an 18" on the other. But as I tell my wife, if I can get it 30-40° warmer than out side, it sure does help.

I have 2 ceiling fans to hang which will help but I don't have the time to run the conduit or the fans. There is a small 4' x 24' walkway for storage along the 18' wall. If I was working up on it I could work in a sweat shirt. I think for a temporary fix I will get a couple of box fans to hang from the railing & stir the air.

Morning gents, just bumping this thread, not a lot of action here lately. I fired up the splitter yesterday and split the rest of those elm rounds I had on the truck. Looks like a nice warmup in temps starting tue, it will be pretty sloppy with the freezing and thawing for a few days though. Hope every one has a good day,give thanks for what you have and make plans for what you don't. Later Jim

Morning gents, just bumping this thread, not a lot of action here lately. I fired up the splitter yesterday and split the rest of those elm rounds I had on the truck. Looks like a nice warmup in temps starting tue, it will be pretty sloppy with the freezing and thawing for a few days though. Hope every one has a good day,give thanks for what you have and make plans for what you don't. Later Jim

I think the site was down again I tried earlier. gave up till a few minutes ago.

A good weekend. Picked up 5 saws. Stihl ms390, Sachs-Dolmar 111, Makita DCS 540, Husqvarna 45, Jonsred 2050. Stihl has an air leak somewhere, needs new piston/rings. 111 runs really nice, very smooth. Makita overall Nice condition, haven't fired it yet. Haven't looked looked at the last 2 yet. I'll try and get pics up tomorrow.

Heard through the grapevine that Denny at interfaith is being overwhelmed with firewood needs and buried in snow up in WI...
Would any of you hard core firewooders be interested in a possible trip up north when the snow is off to try and get their reserves back up to snuff? It's been a rough year up there...

Any news on this yet?

Latest posts

Back