Old milling saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trever

GB mill 076 Super Stihl
Reaction score
What are some oldies you mill with; only 100cc+. I am milling with an 075 for right now. I would like to add an old Homie or Mac.:)

Sorry for reposting - but just in case you haven't seen these. . . . . .
076 - slab close ups can be seen in this thread.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

To see more of the mill follow the link in my sig.

Wow

thats an amazing wood! i just got lost speninding about 15 minutes looking at the wood from your link..i would love to see that..i wish i justify milling, but no idea what id make from it...i think yall really have a great thing going..i mean you love the outdoors, theres chainsaws, and the wood..nothing like working with wood...

sorry, i don't mill, but if i did it would be my husqvarna 2100 and the 'new" old 50" cannon bar she's carrying...id have to change handles though so i could get the manual oiler as well...

once again..such beatiful wood. i am jealous

Jordan

..i wish i justify milling, but no idea what id make from it...
Neither do I :) If you listen to the wood it eventually tells you what it wants to be!

i think yall really have a great thing going..i mean you love the outdoors, theres chainsaws, and the wood..nothing like working with wood...
Yeah, . . . . I love it . . . noise, sawdust, oil, gasolene, noise, sawdust, lifting heavy slabs, more noise, dust, sweat (not much) . . . . .

once again..such beatiful wood. i am jealous Jordan
Cheers!

Just got finished making 4 passes with the 090 thru a 16" X 8.5' D. Fir log and my left hand is still half-numb as I type this from the vibration. The time savings over the 395/066 is worth it though. I've been trying to figure out how to make an auxiliary handle for it that I can bolt or clamp on without modifying the saw, that is somewhat vibration dampened, and have control of the throttle.

Just got finished making 4 passes with the 090 thru a 16" X 8.5' D. Fir log and my left hand is still half-numb as I type this from the vibration. The time savings over the 395/066 is worth it though. I've been trying to figure out how to make an auxiliary handle for it that I can bolt or clamp on without modifying the saw, that is somewhat vibration dampened, and have control of the throttle.

When I started milling with the 076 I bought a pair of cow hide jackhammer operator, gel padded gloves which are excellent but then I made an aux throttle on the wrap handle. I use a pair of quality mountain bike grips that have plenty of rubber on them on the aux throttle handle and outboard mill handle. They are so good I have stopped wearing the padded riggers gloves and now I just were a pair of regular leather riggers glove - no vibration problems even after milling all day.

Latest posts

Back