Old Stihl/Husky question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You guys are so funny! It's like a religious sect where Thall is the clan leader with an IQ of 2 and 2k, Just Mow and the others are the brainwashed members with an IQ of 1.

Hey Peter up here, look up, how ya doing down there in the No.2 spot,LOL
37 years sure is a long time to be looking up at No.1, :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Timing plays into this as well. As the big names of the past were failing or being bought out, Stihl was aggressively campaigning, thus filling the void.

husky are like the microsoft of the chainsaw world. hassle them as much as you like, but you still own one - one way or another

.... i think is kinda like the toyota syndrome, biggest car maker in the world, puts more back into marketing than any other maker, and there owners really do believe the hype........... dig a little deeper and you will find that toyota's break down like every other make and model, yet there owners will have you believe they are indestructable.... ;)

Serg

I think you hit the nail. I have been wondering why Husky doesn't put one single penny into marketing. You can buy Stihl baseball caps, shirts, bags, toy saws, you name it.. but with Husky, nothing. Husky sponsors the world championship but it's in a deep forest in Russia. The best loggers in the world are probably there and the winner always run a 372/2171 and beats the 460 guys, but it's not shown on Eurosport. Stihl timbersports is shown on Eurosport. Brilliant to have the company name in the competition title. I've been looking around for some Husky things here but can't find anything. Husky should put less money into R&D and more into marketing.
Stihl are smart that point, massive marketing and copy Husky R&D.

husky are like the microsoft of the chainsaw world. hassle them as much as you like, but you still own one - one way or another

Yup, I got 3 Huskies myself. A 372, a old 61 and a new 346xp. I like the 346xp alot, the 61 seems pretty heavy made. The 372 is defective, bad machine work on the case but runs good. Got 33 Stihls and 2 Dolmars as well.

I think you hit the nail. I have been wondering why Husky doesn't put one single penny into marketing. You can buy Stihl baseball caps, shirts, bags, toy saws, you name it.. but with Husky, nothing. Husky sponsors the world championship but it's in a deep forest in Russia. The best loggers in the world are probably there and the winner always run a 372/2171 and beats the 460 guys, but it's not shown on Eurosport. Stihl timbersports is shown on Eurosport. Brilliant to have the company name in the competition title. I've been looking around for some Husky things here but can't find anything. Husky should put less money into R&D and more into marketing.
Stihl are smart that point, massive marketing and copy Husky R&D.

Peter whatcha talkin bout. Husky in the USA is heavy into marketing. They are using Nascar, TV, radio, newspaper and magazine. I reckon since your in the home country of Husky they don't bother much with marketing overthere and true you should support your home brand without alot of marketing.

Peter whatcha talkin bout. Husky in the USA is heavy into marketing. They are using Nascar, TV, radio, newspaper and magazine. I reckon since your in the home country of Husky they don't bother much with marketing overthere and true you should support your home brand without alot of marketing.

OK. Didn't know that. But I've been seeking google, youtube and other places for fun with Husqvarna commercial , advertising ... as keywords, and found nothing. Not even a poster! Here in Sweden it's understandable because they sell without marketing even with a price sometimes 50% higher than Stihl.
But OK, I'll take your word that they have commercial in the US ;)

OK. Didn't know that. But I've been seeking google, youtube and other places for fun with Husqvarna commercial , advertising ... as keywords, and found nothing. Not even a poster! Here in Sweden it's understandable because they sell without marketing even with a price sometimes 50% higher than Stihl.
But OK, I'll take your word that they have commercial in the US ;)

They got several commercails on TV overhere all the time. They don't advertise just their saws but their lawn equipment as well. I think I see more Husky commercails on TV overhere than I do Stihl commercails. Rest assured Husky is spending plenty for air time to move their products like everyone else.

I check the US Husky website and testimonials. There is a vid of a Zero Turn Lawnmover. I WANT ONE !!! Jesus, is that sucker fast or is it fast?
But the wallpapers you can download are a joke. I will start a separate thread for that. Competition: Find a Husqvarna in the picture!
Sometimes you see something small and orange but it could just as well be a Stihl. Someone should be fired...

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You guys are so funny! It's like a religious sect where Thall is the clan leader with an IQ of 2 and 2k, Just Mow and the others are the brainwashed members with an IQ of 1.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEL6_SuQCu8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEL6_SuQCu8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

hee, hee,

Master THALL!

229.gif

I check the US Husky website and testimonials. There is a vid of a Zero Turn Lawnmover. I WANT ONE !!! Jesus, is that sucker fast or is it fast?
But the wallpapers you can download are a joke. I will start a separate thread for that. Competition: Find a Husqvarna in the picture!
Sometimes you see something small and orange but it could just as well be a Stihl. Someone should be fired...

If you want a Husqvarna zero turn, there are a bunch of dealers in the U.S.
that would love to sell you one.....

They are tired of paying interest on them, as they are floor planned...

And un sell-able........

Back