Olympk Oleo Mac 999

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Balaska

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked up this super rare oleo mac 999 cutoff saw. This is a 100cc beast for those who don't know these saws. All is well except for the coil, I reviewed all the troubleshooting already so anybody happen to have a coil in their hordes or possibly use another coil?20190407_173030.jpg 20190407_170138.jpg 20190407_170117.jpg 20190407_165447.jpg 20190407_173019.jpg 20190407_172752.jpg

Well, pulled out the coil and put it in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour, put it in and it fired right over. Hard to believe but it worked. Runs like a raped ape. I opened the oil tank and to my supervisor the pickup tube is there, which I didn't expect as this is a demo saw. Going to pull the pulley and see if the pump and the rest is there.

Well, pulled out the coil and put it in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour, put it in and it fired right over. Hard to believe but it worked. Runs like a raped ape. I opened the oil tank and to my supervisor the pickup tube is there, which I didn't expect as this is a demo saw. Going to pull the pulley and see if the pump and the rest is there.
nothin will be inside the oil resv,,nor no pump, nor is the right side of the case drilled for the oil lines...been there. I sent one of the right side I had to ???, who was a machinist,,and he said near impossible to duplicate the angles the hole the pipes were drill for…..as a oly dealer, when I checked on right side case price, only right and left together were sold. to the tune of 380.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those saws are super smooth and, while heavy like a 120cc saw, they pull like it even though just 6 cube's. I have no doubt they will pull a 60" bar very well as they also have a ton of torque and are not slow. My impression after running mine was that they are easy on the operator and meant for a long day of big tree work.

Back