Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love my 156 Efco

All these saws and some others such as some John Deeres and Cub Cadets have been produced by EFCO in Italy. For some reason these saws are not widely known of. I suspect, based on my own experience, that its because the dealer network is weak with possibly some strong dealerships. I personally have not found any strong dealerships but suspect (maybe hope) that some exist.

I envision this thread to be a support vehicle for those of us who have the misfortune to love our saws made by Efco; in my case its my Olympyks. Parts for my saws are as rare as chickens teeth but still i slog on.

I specifically invite dealers of EFCO saws to be a part of this forum.

I am looking for parts for my 252 and my 254 project saws. The specific parts are listed:

252 - coil, points, sprocket cover, air cleaner, air cleaner cover, wrap around AV bars

254 - coil for electronic system, sprocket cover, air cleaner, air cleaner cover wrap around AV bars

I am seriously considering traching the AV handles for wrap around hard bars since that is what I am used to anyway with my other two saws.

Anyone interested in this thread?

Love my 156 Efco for sure. Researched it on Arboristsite.com and other sites for quite awhile before I bought it. Don't like a lot of the new saws. Where I live here in S.E. Mass. the trees for the most part are small because of all the forest fires we,ve had over the years. I almost bought a 346 Husky (had the 44) but felt they were over priced. When I first used the Efco 156 it surprised the heck out of me. i've been cutting wood since the '60's so know a little bit about saws. But i've learned a great deal here on this site and have a whole lot more to learn! You guys are amazing!

Anyway my Efco is probably my most reliable saw. Has always started. Even in some brutal weather. Just took the screen out of it and run it. Look at my profile and you'll see the wood it cut. Best saw for the $ out there! And how you gonna beat a 5 year warranty? All the best. Bob (Cheeves)

I agree about the reliability, my EfcoDeere CS 62 has proven very reliable.

Love my 156 Efco for sure. Researched it on Arboristsite.com and other sites for quite awhile before I bought it. Don't like a lot of the new saws. Where I live here in S.E. Mass. the trees for the most part are small because of all the forest fires we,ve had over the years. I almost bought a 346 Husky (had the 44) but felt they were over priced. When I first used the Efco 156 it surprised the heck out of me. i've been cutting wood since the '60's so know a little bit about saws. But i've learned a great deal here on this site and have a whole lot more to learn! You guys are amazing!

Anyway my Efco is probably my most reliable saw. Has always started. Even in some brutal weather. Just took the screen out of it and run it. Look at my profile and you'll see the wood it cut. Best saw for the $ out there! And how you gonna beat a 5 year warranty? All the best. Bob (Cheeves)

glad both you guys are sounding off. it still amazes me the hidden nature of the efco saws. yeah, they have some weaknesses but overall i'm amazed when i open one up.

Italian stallions!!! I run exclusively efco..well and i got some macs and huskies too but Efco is my brand. I had a lead on a olympik 950f parts saw and ive lost contact with the fella....my fault since i dont get on here much in the summer..any how if that guy is reading this...do ya still got it? I need a cylinder assembly.:bang:

We have at least two Efco dealers on this forum, Grande Dog and Olyman. If you go to them with a part #, they can probably help you. Also, try searching the Bailey's site for the part number or part name, there are quite a few Efco parts listed on the site, but the search function is the only way to find them.

Chainsawr.com sells Efco. I have a mt8200, great saw.

Thanks to a heads up from Jerry, I've got a box of Oly parts headed my way, including the piston I'm likely to need for the 264F. There's a bunch of bits and pieces there, and I'll try and get em all figured what they are and what they fit once they get here.

Of course, anything I can't use or don't need will be available to my Oly-afflicted friends in this thread.

Here's what I've got coming: OLYMPIC CHAIN SAW NOS PARTS LOT 21 PACKS - eBay (item 260831308834 end time Aug-08-11 10:58:36 PDT)

B300

A nice little Blitz B300 followed me home today, needed a carb kit and fuel line now it's a good runner although it's missing an air filter.

lhMedium-33.jpg

rhMedium-35.jpg

A nice little Blitz B300 followed me home today, needed a carb kit and fuel line now it's a good runner although it's missing an air filter.

lhMedium-33.jpg

rhMedium-35.jpg

nice looking saw. there was one similar to that on feebay about 6 months ago. cause i was away from my computer and because i underestimated how much i wanted it i was beat out. still wish i had bid $10 higher. them blitzes are like chickens teeth here. still never seen a folux, spartan, or spartacus. anyone else?

Oleo Mac 284f

After a cylinder gasket for this model, any help much appreciated

C:\Documents and Settings\KevinNolan\My Documents\P H O T O S\Kevin\Chainsaws

NZIrish, that's a cool old saw. I don't see many of the 28x saws around. I suspect you could make your own base gasket if there's not one available, or possibly you could run it without if you have enough clearance. Here's a thread that gives a good idea of how to measure squish on your motor: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/122235.htm

Thanks to a heads up from Jerry, I've got a box of Oly parts headed my way, including the piston I'm likely to need for the 264F. There's a bunch of bits and pieces there, and I'll try and get em all figured what they are and what they fit once they get here.

Of course, anything I can't use or don't need will be available to my Oly-afflicted friends in this thread.

Here's what I've got coming: OLYMPIC CHAIN SAW NOS PARTS LOT 21 PACKS - eBay (item 260831308834 end time Aug-08-11 10:58:36 PDT)

It turns out I did NOT get this, seller had accidentally listed 2 of em, and I was the 2nd buyer :CRY: On the fence about leaving feedback, don't want to trash the guy for an honest mistake, but I don't feel like I should leave positive feedback for something I didn't get. Maybe just not leave any? I don't ebay very often, not sure of the etiquette on this.

I would go with nothing. Thats what you got, not your responsibility to praise the seller for something you didn't get.
If he wants positive rep, tel him to positively find and piston/cylinder like the one he listed.
Question? Were you the high bidder in both sales?

looking for parts for my 200 series saws. anyone got any or any ideas where they can be had? looking for OE for the sprockets cause it seems the aftermarket sprockets i've got are WAY too loose on the shaft. would love to find an aftermarket supplier for the seals and bearings though. Gonna post this in the swap thread too but figured i'd have better luck with olyheads

Part No. Description Quantity

3050015A Seal Ring 4
3050015AR Seal ring 4
3034012 Bearing 4
3034014 Bearing 2
5000016 Bearing 2
35000032 Ignition Coil 3
5000160 Clutch Spring 6
5000918 Sprocket/Bearing Assmbly 2

NZIrish, that's a cool old saw. I don't see many of the 28x saws around. I suspect you could make your own base gasket if there's not one available, or possibly you could run it without if you have enough clearance....
yeah, i'm drooling on my keyboard about the 284. been looking for one forever. NZ, i agree with Steve. you got three options i can see:
1. breakdown and order one through a dealer. should still be some available. yeah, i agree, don't wanna do that either
2. make you a gasket either out of store-bought gasket material or flattened out aluminum can
3. run it without base gasket. from what i've seen on AS you are safe running as little as 0.020" squish. i'm running two of my saws without base gasket and squish is still over 0.030". you gotta check squish though before you do this.

It turns out I did NOT get this, seller had accidentally listed 2 of em, and I was the 2nd buyer :CRY: On the fence about leaving feedback, don't want to trash the guy for an honest mistake, but I don't feel like I should leave positive feedback for something I didn't get. Maybe just not leave any? I don't ebay very often, not sure of the etiquette on this.
Steve, that sucks. might ask him where he came up with the NOS parts to begin with. might be more where those came from.

I would go with nothing. Thats what you got, not your responsibility to praise the seller for something you didn't get.
If he wants positive rep, tel him to positively find and piston/cylinder like the one he listed.
Question? Were you the high bidder in both sales?

That's what I plan to do. It was an ebay store sale, just a buy it now. I'll be keeping one eye open for more parts to show up.

Jerry, you looking for new parts, or will good used do? Once I get into the Olys I'm sure to have at least one parts saw with extra pieces. It's gonna be a while yet, working 12s this week, and possibly next as well. That doesn't leave a lot of tinkering time left over.

...Jerry, you looking for new parts, or will good used do? Once I get into the Olys I'm sure to have at least one parts saw with extra pieces. It's gonna be a while yet, working 12s this week, and possibly next as well. That doesn't leave a lot of tinkering time left over.

ii'm definitely interested in good used parts. who among the Oly afflicted brethren can afford to look down their nose at good used parts. BTW, i've got some used parts myself. i'm trying to get to doing some pressure tests so i can ID location of any suspected leaks. really hoping any leaks are in the fuel lines. gonna buy some new line today. lot of other irons in the fire though so i'm not in a super hurry. frustrating when you've worked several hours to clean and assemble a saw and it won't run right. one obviously has a leak as you can't set the carb; the other seems to run cold and then dies when it starts warming up. oy vay.

I sent a message to that guy about those parts and he told me he has another lot he was going to sell. He said there were air cleaners in that batch. I think he thinks hes sitting on a gold mine and he didn't get what he thought they were worth. I was watching that sale and he never had them listed twice. I think you were the only bidder. I would neg him or threaten to and see what he says. I have an e=mail address of a women who has some NOS parts but they are pretty picked over. Her prices are a little high and she is busy but she might be worth a try. PM me and I'll send it if you want it.

Air filters for the magnesium saws (251 and up at least to 482's) are available new, and very reasonable. They are the nylon fine mesh, not flocked and I believe they are adaptable to any set up except the arborist saws. A new or different intake may be required, not hard to come by at all.

Back