one hot princess

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it back to stock or did you save the cylinder?
Ported cylinder is in there, partly cause I think the flywheel side bearing is going out. I didn't want to destroy the new p/c so I tried the ported one forst. There is no play, but maybe the generator holds is tight enough? I dunno, but I hear sumptin on that side and there was damage to the piston, little damage to the cylinder.

I have not put it on wood, just ran it a little, got it starting and running half decent.

Still too much compression for this guy to comfortably pull over :eek:

There were some marks around the edge of the flywheel, but I knew the saw was rebuilt previous. I misted some paint on the flywheel and there are no fresh marks around the flywheel after firing it up. Do you recall if princess had more noise than usual, maybe from the generator and/or previous life ?

It might not cut worth a crap, but it starts and idles great, revs decent. Seems like the compression is a lot less warm. I prolly should have torn it down and done the bearings again. I figured it was not a huge risk to throw it together with the old top end.

I bet your lowland is froze up good ?

Yup. and a little depressed that I have no wood in the house and everything outside is buried in snow drifts from this winteres non stop wind.

Beefie
It has been brutal. I don't know how you stand it climbing around on that stuff out in the open at work. I will drink some vodka and sing you a song tonight.
Expect a call later when my voice is warmed up. :)

Last edited:
It has been brutal. I don't know how you stand it climbing around on that stuff out in the open at work. I will drink some vodka and sing you a song tonight.
Expect a call later when my voice is warmed up. :)
Crap he has a new bottle of vodka, here comes the Russian logger songs.

Beefie

i got the saw in a box, torn apart so I don't know much but the piston and cyl have some damage, slight damage IMO, one light scratch, no transfer. I cannot feel any play in the crank, but I will do as you suggest, pull the flywheel and check to make sure.

To me the saw sounds a little like those old 028 carcass you helped me do, slight whir to the bottom end. My ears are not what they used to be, and I never really got an ear for saws, so who knows.

No risk to me with the saw, and not sure I care to handle it anyway. Too durn loud and hard to pull over.

I still think about that new 660 you had in the rack. I think I only wanted it cause of that pic your Dad had of Sara Palin with the 660.

Back