One of my saws falls over, this one just leans.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take the handle off and tweak it... See what that does for the alignment... I had an 066 with a similar problem... It fell out of a truck and bent the handle bad enough, it made the whole saw flex...

Has the saw been dropped or had something fall on it? If not, your AV bushings in the handle are shot. I'm guessing the front ones. Those usually get worn out from pulling the saw out when it's stuck in the wood.

I took it apart and the AV bushings are good, but I did find a couple of parts missing under the cylinder cover. There is a stud, 0000 953 0818 and cap, 1121 084 7100, will see if I can find these and see if that tweaks the cover.

it's almost always a bent handle that causes this:popcorn:

it's almost always a bent handle that causes this:popcorn:

I took the handle off and it's still the same way, it acts like the top AV bushing is too thick, if I compress that it straightens right up. I see in the IPL that there are two different bushings listed for the top, one standard and one soft. I guess I'll use it like it is, just looks bad to me.

I took the handle off and it's still the same way, it acts like the top AV bushing is too thick, if I compress that it straightens right up. I see in the IPL that there are two different bushings listed for the top, one standard and one soft. I guess I'll use it like it is, just looks bad to me.

may have been replaced at one time with the wrong av buffer:dunno:

Try tweaking the handle in the opposite direction, then re-install... There might be some "bent memory" going on there... Or, like 040 said, might be the wrong av installed...:msp_confused:

Latest posts

Back