One saw, one chain solution

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THALL10326

The Champ
Reaction score
Shops take notice. I've figured out a way to put a end to those people that have one saw, one chain and want it sharpened on the spot. These poeple for whatever reason think having a spare chain is insane. I'm going to show these kind folks its ok to have a spare chain or two or three.

These pics will be hung on the shop wall this week. I can't wait for my first victim to ask me can you sharpen my chain right now, its the only one I got. The answer is going to be hell no, buy a chain and then I'll point these pics out to them so they will know its ok to buy a chain. This should be fun and a solution as well..

attachment.php

can i get all 12 of my chains sharpened for my only saw today while i wait?
you underestimate the stupidity of us laypeople. we will bring you all of our chains at once.:)

Last edited:
Good idea..... :yourock:

Troll I'm figuring when I tell these people now listen, I own 2 saws and I got 50 spare chains for each saw that should open thier eyes,LOLOL

Take note, no saws in those pics,LOLOLOL

Thall you need to start a "File your own chain" class in the shop after hours.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, not a bad idea. Ya know what kills me sometime is I'll give a good discount on a saw and in the process I'll tell the guy hey, you save enuff with your discount to buy a few spare chains. They go naaaaaaa, one chain is all I need. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i hear he already "files his own chain" in the office after hours... now who would want to go to a class about that?:greenchainsaw:

Well to tell ya a secret I hardly ever sharpen any of my own chains. Most times if I'm sawing, hit a rock or something, that chain takes a hike across the woods and a new one goes on. Mind ya now I getem pretty cheap, I wouldn't expect the man paying more to do such a thing...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, not a bad idea. Ya know what kills me sometime is I'll give a good discount on a saw and in the process I'll tell the guy hey, you save enuff with your discount to buy a few spare chains. They go naaaaaaa, one chain is all I need. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

the solution is to start $25.00 higher on the saw and cement the deal by throwing in the extra chain. no more excuses for joe homeowner.:cheers:

Well to tell ya a secret I hardly ever sharpen any of my own chains. Most times if I'm sawing, hit a rock or something, that chain takes a hike across the woods and a new one goes on. Mind ya now I getem pretty cheap, I wouldn't expect the man paying more to do such a thing...

My boss never sharpened a chain on his MS180 just bought a new one!
Now i sharpen it for him yep his only chain!

the solution is to start $25.00 higher on the saw and cement the deal by throwing in the extra chain. no more excuses for joe homeowner.:cheers:

I've tried that as well. Buy the saw, I'll toss in a free chain. They go naaaaaaa I don't need another chain but will you knock off on the saw the price of the chain, I'm like you lowlife sorry grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,LOLOL

Back