One year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zogger

Tree Freak
Reaction score
One year here guys, time flies! I not only cracked sixty, but I have a wonderful community to be part of. Learned a lot, tons of wonderful conversations! I appreciate all ya'alls input! I seem to have accumulated a bit more than one saw now, too..HAHAHAHA!

I gave myself a year, to build up a little of my own ..stuff..here, so I'll now being shelling out the cred and reps and likes, so maybe it will mean something. I am honored to have been the recipient of so much goodwill!

....and...any saw will cut, but...Fiskars rules!

Wood

time always flies wen you are having fun

Wood is 100% fun for me! Always has been, even back working firewood for folks, it was still fun! It can get *hard* sometimes, but it is always fun.

I think a lot of it is..any excuse to get into the woods. When I am around trees, I am the happiest. When I was younger I was bouncing back and forth, ocean/boats/fishing/diving, then back to the woods. The woods eventually won.

One year here guys, time flies! I not only cracked sixty, but I have a wonderful community to be part of. Learned a lot, tons of wonderful conversations! I appreciate all ya'alls input! I seem to have accumulated a bit more than one saw now, too..HAHAHAHA!

I gave myself a year, to build up a little of my own ..stuff..here, so I'll now being shelling out the cred and reps and likes, so maybe it will mean something. I am honored to have been the recipient of so much goodwill!

....and...any saw will cut, but...Fiskars rules!

wonderful conversations? you're obviously lost. you must have meant to post this on the forestry site.:laugh:

But the real question is this: how much did your one year at AS cost you, in terms of goodies you purchased that you otherwise would not have bought? :clap:

--Ha! actually, not too bad, just under two hundred total on used saws, my new echo (that got trashed) I was buying anyway to get a larger saw that I needed, AS or not, so that cost doesn't cost as pure AS influenced, let me see, one hundred on fiskars products (supersplitter, hatchet, folding saw, machete), then five hundred on a four wheel drive project truck. The truck I kinda sorta wanted anyway for several years as my ratsun isn't 4wd and I wanted a work truck capable of point A to B around the farm here, so that is a toss up on if AS influenced it a whole lot. Proly..put me over the top, to be fair.

So ya, cost me some, made me a lot more so far, just in general life satisfaction, plus practical uses. The used saws for the most part have done the bulk of my wood this year, and will into the future, and I greatly expanded my small engine repair skills, something I wanted to do anyway for my seasoned citizen years as a working hobby and hopefully a biz down the road. The truck *should* pay for itself eventually, as I want to move some firewood bundles. *Snort* maybe I'll break even... ;)

Congrats on a year Zogger. Like with most members here, I like most of your stuff. Sometimes, we shall agree to disagree. Some here could stand to learn a thing or two about that...

I'll say this, you're one of maybe a dozen posters on here that I can tell by reading the first couple of your sentences who's posting, without seeing the poster info (when I'm on my yuppie phone). You have a gift for putting your words into print, and a style all your own.

You're welcome here anytime you make it up to the great white north, just try to stay away from my Dolmars. You run one, you'll wind up with 3 like I did! I don't regret the money this place has cost me, very few dollars spent on firewooding, saws, and whatnot have gone to waste. Couple of "bestest coolest newest" filing jigs never get used, just took a few different ones to find what I liked (Pferd ChainSharp).

I wish ya many more years here at the AS School of Wood Heat, 2 Stroke Performance, Logging, and BS Spreading!

Agree to disagree

Congrats on a year Zogger. Like with most members here, I like most of your stuff. Sometimes, we shall agree to disagree. Some here could stand to learn a thing or two about that...

I'll say this, you're one of maybe a dozen posters on here that I can tell by reading the first couple of your sentences who's posting, without seeing the poster info (when I'm on my yuppie phone). You have a gift for putting your words into print, and a style all your own.

You're welcome here anytime you make it up to the great white north, just try to stay away from my Dolmars. You run one, you'll wind up with 3 like I did! I don't regret the money this place has cost me, very few dollars spent on firewooding, saws, and whatnot have gone to waste. Couple of "bestest coolest newest" filing jigs never get used, just took a few different ones to find what I liked (Pferd ChainSharp).

I wish ya many more years here at the AS School of Wood Heat, 2 Stroke Performance, Logging, and BS Spreading!

--I've had to do that with myself before! hehehehe Write out some balderdash, look at it, then delete it! I argue myself right out of it!

Poking

Congrats Zogger...

I've been here about a year also (just a bit over).
But I didn't wait to begin "stirrin'-the-pot" or antagonizing the natives :D
Holding back just ain't in my nature...

It's good to poke sticks at sacred cows sometimes. makes people think, including yourself!

Congrats on the anniversary - I enjoy your posts, and we enjoyed quite a few warm nights burning small oak rounds this fall after one of them motivated me to go get a cartload.

short and fat

Congrats on the anniversary - I enjoy your posts, and we enjoyed quite a few warm nights burning small oak rounds this fall after one of them motivated me to go get a cartload.

--I'm lovin' me those short and fat chunks a lot! No splittin' drop 'em in from the top, LONGGGG burn, decent heat. Best "all nighters". Comes on real handy with the sweetgum rounds, although I am having marginal to fair success now with the fiskars even with sweetgum. I admit I have to use maximum grunt on my swings with sweetgum though. You either get a good blast and slice through, or get *stuck*. Haven't tried it yet, but was thinking of follow up really fat and wide wooden wedge for knocking it apart enough to pull the axe out again (through the side), then use the BFH to complete the split.

Mostly though I like sweetgum in the round or noodled into some size that will fit. If it'll go in some way, that's it, good enough, they dry and burn pretty good actually and throw fair heat, bark on or off, one season is enough for a good dryout..

Is that like AARP?

Now that your complimentary first year is over, please send your next year's annual dues to me at my home address. The amount is $75. Thank you for your cooperation.

They send me a lot of stuff too, and if I pay, well..I get like so much off of geritol, free wheelchair towing, discount grecian formula, 50 bucks off of 5 grand cruises, group rates on viagree shipped in a discrete brown cardboard package, and stuff like that.....

Latest posts

Back