Only gripe I've got for Stihl 461... So far

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outerwears are useless if you actually use your saw cuttin dry hardwoods..even greenies..they just trap **** in..i dont like them at all..opinions vary.

For the price I'll give them a whirl. It really isn't no different than the money I spend on tobacco just to spit it out after a while.

I see no benefit to running without the cover. If anything I think the cover may help keep as much dust reaching the filter

Actually works the opposite. I could get longer intervals between cleaning without the cover. When milling sometimes you're refueling midcut and the HD 2 packs with fines very quickly with the cover.

I agree with mdavlee ........... I havent had to brush off my filter in a few weeks of running without a cover. When it does have a cover on it, there is allways a pile of chips packed in a few places that needs brushing off

I always oiled the outerwears on my quads with plain motor oil. Kept a clean one in a Ziploc bag oiled and ready to go. Maybe this wouldn't work for saws IDK.

I always oiled the outerwears on my quads with plain motor oil. Kept a clean one in a Ziploc bag oiled and ready to go. Maybe this wouldn't work for saws IDK.
l think guys don't like the way outer covers work with saws. l use one on a honda mower and it works ok, but just use HD2 by itself on larger stihls. What I'm saying is they work better on some applications than others, and different environments alter preferences.

Latest posts

Back