Opinion on Golf Pistons.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mifirewoodguy

I live off of 2 stroke gas and fresh cut oak.
Reaction score
Ive been rebuilding some saws and wonder what the opinion is on Golf brand pistons? Are they good enough for home owner saws? I lke to use OEM pistons on anything that is used for commercial use just for the reliability factor but for a homeowner saw are the cheaper pistons like Golf ok?

For other than OEM, I prefer Meteor pistons. I have never seen a Golf. The info from other users seems to indicate the Golf pistons can be very hit or miss in quality.

If you have a $100 saw you are trying to get going, the Golf is just fine.

If you have a $800 saw that you make money with, you would be rolling the dice.

I just put one in a nice 045 Super. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the piston. Fit and finish were great. It compared favorably to an OEM. This is based on one piston though. Your mileage may vary.

I have use some Golf pistons in piped alky saws and pushed them way past normal limits, held up fine. Rings are questionable though, but I think that goes for any aftermarket piston kit, likely all coming from the same place.

pistons

Meteor and Tecomec pistons are made in Italy and are as good as if not better then oem stihl pistons. Golf pistons are made in Turkey. I don't know the quality of the golf pistons, but probably better then made in china. Although Hyway pistons are made in taiwan, they have great results at a cheaper price:chainsaw:.

Made in Turkey.Have you looked at Turkish firearms?Either really,really good....or.....not so much.

Latest posts

Back