Opinion on small chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Trying to sell them is like going on match.com to find a date and listing aids and leprosy as diseases you currently are infected with."

Small chippers are HOT items. I looked for a couple years for one, they maintain their price and have no trouble selling. When I upgraded later I had buyers lined up wanting to buy. I did NOT dicker on price and got every cent of what I was selling it for, which was $800 more than what I paid. For someone who wants to try out a chipper, or only does the occasional chip, they work just fine. When I want a small tow behind now, I rent one for $125 for the weekend.

After a couple years with a chuck and duck we decided to make an upgrade. Bought a used brush bandit 1490. turned out to be a great chipper, but kind of heavy on lawns. this year we found a 90 XP brush bandit that needed some work. seems a little more robust then typical 6 inch chippers available. have only used it once but like the size and capability. still seems a lot more maneuverable than a 12 inch. two guys will be able to move it around.

Latest posts

Back