Opinions on the best commercial firewood saw lineup on an unlimited budget?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Vulcan minigun and lots of ammo.
926MVC-009F.JPG

Not the most discreet, but it would be lots of fun! :p

If I had an unlimited budget, I'd eventually try one of everything. I could have 'era days' - saws only from the 1950s, or Homelite-only days..... "how long would it take to cut this monster down with an electric saw?" I don't know... that might be on par with the minigun idea. :)

For one guy?

Pick a brand and dealer you are comfortable with. Then a 30/50/70/90 cc class saw one of each, from their pro lineup, and then for on the job security, a backup with the 50 and 70. Plenty of bars and chains, plus a grinder and maintenance setup shop.

The firewood biz and unlimited budgets are typically incompatible concepts. Around here, tree companies often sell firewood on the side because they already have the big ticket ($$$) equipment. Saws: 346XP/MS261, 372XP/MS461, 390XP/MS661. Or Dolmar, if there's a good dealer close by.

On an unlimited budget????? I would have whatever saw Mastermind / Brad / Terry , (Insert your builder here) had built for me that day because they would be on retainer.

Byrdmando
Bedford County, VA.

I can make good money selling firewood by me. Saws are just a small portion of the business. A way of hauling large quantities of logs or rounds is the biggest problem I have. Right now I can haul about 2 cords of green oak at a time I do get 360 a cord once it is split and seasoned . But when the woods is 30 miles away it would be nice to haul more. I would buy a 70cc and a 90cc if your cutting big stuff. You will never touch the smaller saws once you have a 70 cc .it's nice to have longer bars so you don't have to bend over so much.

360 a cord is just crazy money where I live. I would seriously consider selling wood here if that is the return.

Latest posts

Back