Opinions on the newer style 22 inch Fanno saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Turner

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've had an older fanno 22inch (d handle) handsaw that I've loved for a long time when I need a larger handsaw. Nice handle shape and reach, efficient tri edge style blade.)

I recently bought a fanno replacement blade for it, and IMO it cuts really poorly (insert understated smiley here). For me all that set makes it really difficult to pull the saw through wood.

I looked at the Fanno website, and these days (did not used to be true) the fanno 22 comes with a more traditional (not tri edge, and relies on set) blade. It says it has been optimized on 10inch plus cuts. Progress at work.

I was wondering what if anyone else is running a newer style blade in their fanno 22 and are they liking it?

I've now bought an ibuki which is a nice saw, but I was curious how others are finding the newer fanno 22. (I believe the fanno 17 is still a tri edge.) The guys I know that used to use the fanno 22 are now using other saws (silky mostly) so I haven't found anyone running the new style blade in a fanno 22.

Back