Opportunity To Work For Free!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R Walter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
If anyone would like to take a vacation in Northern New Mexico (That's in the USofA) and cut all the wood they can cut, please let me know. I've got 80- acres of thick Pinon Pine that needs thinning as fire season is here.

No charge for all the wood you want to cut! And you can bring your own saw(s)!

that depends on what it pays. I had the opportunity to work for free, no thanks on the working for nothing part.

O-pinion Vacation

:sucks: :ices_rofl:
R Walter said:
If anyone would like to take a vacation in Northern New Mexico (That's in the USofA) and cut all the wood they can cut, please let me know. I've got 80- acres of thick Pinon Pine that needs thinning as fire season is here.

Boy that sounds like a real vacation. And I get to keep all that worthless wood! Gee I can't wait to start.

R Walter said:

Walter you sorta worded your offer wrong there. You should have said Free Wood. The work for free doesn't sound quite right. Some are going to take offence to that. Re-word your post to Free Wood, All You Can Cut. That will get you better replies...............

Work for free!!!!! Geez run down to mexico and you might find free workers there..:hmm3grin2orange:

Save $194.20

I have worked as a spacer (thinner) before. Going rate of $500 per hectare (hectare is 2.47 acres) so that works out to $16194.20, call it $16000 even. Wood stays, sound ok to ya?

clearance said:
I have worked as a spacer (thinner) before. Going rate of $500 per hectare (hectare is 2.47 acres) so that works out to $16194.20, call it $16000 even. Wood stays, sound ok to ya?

lol, I knew Clearance was going to state the worth of what the job is. Guys in my area make good money thinning too. I think Walter was figuring since all the saw buffs are on here they would like just getting their saws in some wood. Not gonna be the case from what I'm seeing. He meant well Clearance but didn't realize you guys do it for a living...............

Fellas we could run down to NM and help the guy out.....Its just so hot in those parts.

You just need to put set up a get together and make a few promises that would draw folks from all over, like maybe a point-counter point face off between Sap and the Simonizer. Get creative in the contests and you'd probably be amazed at how the chips would be flying! Anyway, something would be flying!

RW,

If this is a serious offer, I would be interested if there was a NM bull elk hunt with two tags. Im only a good days drive from NM.

okietreedude1 said:
RW,

If this is a serious offer, I would be interested if there was a NM bull elk hunt with two tags. Im only a good days drive from NM.[/QUOTE

HMMMMMMMMMMM...... And I am only about 4 hours away from you. HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM.........
Andy

free hookers?

I figure that if you mentioned you were supplying a few hookers to service the help, you'd have all the volunteers you need. You've got to take care of your crew..... :)

Thanks so far...

Nah, I'm just looking for someone who wants to cut all the wood they can cut. Kinda itch that saw trigger finger of theirs. And see some of the prettiest country around. Certainly not hotter than most parts of NC in the summer.

No bull tags available; I use the ones I get. You could try to buy a landowner tag. Price goes lower and lower the nearer the season gets.

rofl2.gif
I like to cut 4 fun, but you must think we are all crazy too.
rofl2.gif

I'm trying!

Here is my problem, and probably everyone elses. Yes it is BEAUTIFUL down there!!!! But for me to load up the truck trailer and saws and head you're way I am looking at 5 tanks of gas roughly $60 a tank plus saw oil etc., then lodging for me and a helper, possibley even the wife and kid? At $60 a night for two nights, plus food. Thats $460 just in basics.
The only reall call for pinion around here is for the Chimenea things, PITA to cut and split that small. Then I can only roll with 3 cord leagaly which I might get $140 a cord maybe, so thats $840. Then figure in food and whatever else may come up that's not much profit for a lot of work. Yeah, yeah, I know hire a semi one way, go price that some time!!!!!!
Sorry, would love to help out, it's just not financially viable for me to even try.
Andy

Why not corral some of those illegals flooding over the border from mexico?
Supposedly they will work for almost nothing.
You may have to supply the saws.

coveredinsap said:
I figure that if you mentioned you were supplying a few hookers to service the help, you'd have all the volunteers you need. You've got to take care of your crew..... :)

LOLOL, now damn ya Sap that was a good one, I got to admit. See how ya when get away from saws and just talk good ole talk we all get along. Ya know Sap if he were to supply a few ole gals to "service the help" he probly wouldn't get much wood cut but them ole gals would get alot of "wood",lol.

THALL10326 said:
LOLOL, now damn ya Sap that was a good one, I got to admit. See how ya when get away from saws and just talk good ole talk we all get along. Ya know Sap if he were to supply a few ole gals to "service the help" he probly wouldn't get much wood cut but them ole gals would get alot of "wood",lol.

LOL...come on sap help the guy out.....:laugh:

Latest posts

Back