Oregon 28 ton log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can get the Oregon with table and 4 way wedge for less that 1700, I cant find a equivalent speeco for any cheaper....

What you are getting for that is a Kohler residetial grade motor. What you get on the speeco from Omni is a commercial grade motor. Big difference, IMO. For the close to $2 grand price I would think paying less to get the same is a good thing. Also, you will want to pay attention to the placement of the operators station and log stops.

north star 37 ton V/H with honda gx 270 engine with idle down feature, 10 gallons fluid res., built in log cradle, it's on sale for 1899 now...I paid more for mine. I have one with a 4way and have split @30-40 full cords since january, just another option to consider

That idle down feature would be sweet!

I would get the speeco but it doesn't have the larger tires and Jack. Do you guys not like the kohler motor that comes on the Oregon?

That idle down feature would be sweet!

I like it...but it's faster if you don't let it retract all the way into the garage and keep putting wood on,shortens the stroke, faster, I can do that if I have help. without help I pull - retract- and go get another log while it retracts and drops back to idle while I load. I don't have lots of experience but a friend has an older version of my splitter and that's what made me get one. Mine has plenty of power for the 4-way, really speeds things up...I'm sure others are good, but the Honda motor is nice. one pull start EVERY time...never two and I can split all day on a gallon

Latest posts

Back