Osburn Matrix Wood Burning Stove Insert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectre468

ArboristSiteNoob
Reaction score
We need to replace our old wood burning stove insert, and we've been looking at stoves online and in person. I think we have narrowed it down to the Osburn Matrix. Has the features, styling, and performance that we are looking for in this product. Anyone have any experience dealing with this model? Looking for the good, bad, and ugly. Basically I would like to hear all input available regarding this insert and/or manufacturer.

Thanks everyone!

As far as the manufacturer, I have an Osburn 2400 insert that I'm very happy with. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything they produce. They have a US sales rep that is a forum member here (I believe) and elsewhere whom is very responsive and helpful.

I've had my eye on the Matrix if I ever put an insert in the fireplace upstairs.

Sounds great. I've found some reviews, almost all great. My only concern is that our local dealer says that he has never sold one, and that I was the first to even ask him about it in the 3 years that he has been handling the Osburn line. Seems like there are a number of owners in WA that are very happy with them. The dealer says that he has never seen one in person, and that if we order one, it'll be the first he's encountered. Hate to spend that much on anything sight unseen, but I've had hands on other Osburn products, so I'm not totally put out about it. Thanks for your feedback. Do you know the rep's handle on here?

Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?
Buehler? That's is a grocery store chain here locally...;)
FYI, Fyrebug got outta the wood heat game, ain't been heard of on AS since, leastwise that I know of anyways. You can call SBI (parent company) with questions, I hear their customer service is top notch. Their # is buried in this thread somewheres, http://www.arboristsite.com/community/posts/4770544/ in the pages from 3-4 months ago I think...BTW, SBI stands for stove builders international.

Latest posts

Back