OT: Lawnmower Engine - the best?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothing helps the fact the mounting flange warping when you take the carb off. getting the carb off is joke also.
I suppose that might be a problem if your a hamfist and over torque everything. Of course over torque of bolts is the least of your problems if you find it problematic to remove a carb held on by two bolts!

Originally posted by bwalker
I suppose that might be a problem if your a hamfist and over torque everything. Of course over torque of bolts is the least of your problems if you find it problematic to remove a carb held on by two bolts!

on the push mowers you have to take the belt cover off, and top shroud off. then still fidget around to get the gov vane out of the casing. Ive taken new ones off that didn't seal. then to put it back on you need to get a gasket on, then a aluiminum heat shield and another gasket. all in the little space they provide.
i hate working on mowers, not that i don't know how its just a pita to mess with them. give me a saw, trimmer or blower anyday and im happy.

i use my torque wrench on anything that i have a sm on with a value in it. ive got 7 torque wrenches, all snap on. I wouldnt have bought them if i didnt use them.

as for ham fisted, ive got big hands yeah..

Jim, Next time you take one apart try tipping the deck in the verticle position. No need to take off the cover are anything else. just pop of the filter box cover. loosen both carb bolts and the whole assembly will come off.

Latest posts

Back