our firewood craziness.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find both the cutting of the wood, splitting it and working on the saws therapeutic. Probably because I grew up on the land and now spend my days cooped up in a small room under lights behind a computer at work. Its just me, the saw and the wood and I enjoy it.

these replies are near as good as a hot cup of morning coffee! lol :drinkingcoffee: fun-NIE! definitely therapeutic... seems to ensure a bit of a deeper connection to the life process itself. maybe we all din't win the lotto last night, but omg... we have wood to cut, chop n split.

so much to do, so little time!!!! lol.

I tell the neighbors as I drag in a trunk of oak, or downed oak limb... no such thing as: too much $$!, too much fun... [ too much -omitted- ] too much cold beer, well at days end within reason.... :givebeer: or...

TOO MUCH WOOD!

never, too much firewood!!!

rear car/truck bumper sticker "I brake for falling oak!"

never, ever... too much firewood!!!

You can now share on facebook what you just purchased on Amazon...if I posted up I just bought 5 chains and a book about firewood people would really worry about me LOL.

I don't have a problem....I don't have a problem...

Okay, I just got back from a 34 mile round trip drive to burn 3 small brush piles rather than stay home and do some "honeydos'.

Of course I spent more time plotting trees to cut, how to fall a problem one, etc. and just being out there. Weather permitting I'll go back inthe morning to kick the remnants into piles and see if I can get them burning again. My count on burn piles that had accumulated over the past 4 years was over 30. Still a few left, mostly too small dto get started.

Then I went out a split/stacked some and admired the many piles, some 80 cord worth...

Maybe I do have a problem, if so it is an enjoyable one..

Harry K

I don't have a problem....I don't have a problem...

Okay, I just got back from a 34 mile round trip drive to burn 3 small brush piles rather than stay home and do some "honeydos'.

Of course I spent more time plotting trees to cut, how to fall a problem one, etc. and just being out there. Weather permitting I'll go back inthe morning to kick the remnants into piles and see if I can get them burning again. My count on burn piles that had accumulated over the past 4 years was over 30. Still a few left, mostly too small dto get started.

Then I went out a split/stacked some and admired the many piles, some 80 cord worth...

Maybe I do have a problem, if so it is an enjoyable one..

Harry K
:clap:

I just read that Norwegian Wood book and it inspired me to further up my game cutting stacking and drying. I have been cutting to length and splitting right by the house and I figure if I set up the work space out of sight behind the garage I can make bigger piles and have more capacity than just what fits in the wood shed. My wife calls the saws misstresses too!

The wife has gotten good at figuring out why I'm looking out the window of the vehicle by head angle, facial expression, etc. so now I get busted every time...
"Yeah, no good tie in points on that ash. Pretty dead, probably not safe, anyway."
"That one's on State property, you'd probably get arrested trying to scrounge it."
"Forget climbing that one. That's a golf course."
"You'd have to put the 32" bar on the Dolmar to buck that, wouldn't you?"

It's like being married to a friggin' psychic.

Latest posts

Back