out of all your saws which one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mastermind 288xp. I appreciate who I got it from as a friend and mentor. It is the saw that opened my eyes to something other than Stihl. And I dont have another saw that makes as beautiful music. All others would go before it. Some would be difficult, but the 288 would be impossible for me to part with. It isn't the prettiest saw I own, it's not worth the most either, but it means the most.:rock:

I would absoulutely hate to loose my Mac Super 6-10 Auto. My grandpa bought one new. But on the right day at the right time sometimes I could sell my family:D

If I need the money to support my family....they are all gone.

I totally agree.....but I would also have an order in which they would go . And I can tell ya...my first new chainsaw that I ever bought on my own...would be last to go . And that saw is my Husky 350 . Alot of learning and memories tied to it !

There is a couple that would be damned hard to part with......but when push comes to shove, a man has to take care of the family.
Are you hungry? I would sure like a certain 650 Super...:)

Randy, if you needed money for your family, I bet your AS family would overflow your pockets beyond what you can imagine. But if not, I got dibs on the 441cm ;)

Once you get past a certain number you lose that individual attachment to them...

Sawtruck2_zps02c71b92.jpg

have to say there is a lot of good responses ,, but I do have to agree with randy,, if family is hungry they would go or if the wife needed money to finish her masters degree yes they would go,, but the ms170 would stay no matter what,, I would work on my knees with a wig on for a month before the 170 would go

I'm with the group of fellas who say they don't have any they wouldn't sell. I have several I would likely not advertise for sale any time soon, but if someone walked up and offered the right amount I'd hand 'em over with a smile.

The only saw I know if that would change my answer is the Stihl 031AV my dad has - and still uses - that he bought new in 1979. I'm in no hurry to get it.

The last one left would be the one I wouldn't sell. Probably the Husky 51. Randy rebuilt and ported it. Yes, it is faded. Yes, it leaks all of its bar oil out in a matter of days. Yes, I've thrown it 50+yards down a mountain. Anytime I have truly needed a saw to step up, it has been the one I grabbed and it didn't complain.

Shea

PS-Did I mention it was even an open port saw!!! Gasp...Oh the horror!!

Randy, Im a flat rate mechanic. Couple years ago, when the economy was in the toilet I had to sell a lot of stuff I didn't want too. My 1989 Mustang with a 351w built and stuffed in it, two stihl chainsaws, model 94 30-30. As a man, sometimes you have to sacrifice your belongings to put your family first. It really hurt to let that stang go, got it as a 4cyl and put a lot of time into it. Took years, and just when she was done it was time to let her go. Wife was prego with daughter number two and I needed cash. I work easy 60 hrs a week and will do WHAT EVER it takes to make sure my kids needs are met. Playing with saws is a double joy for me, heats my house and its like stress release tinkering on them.

I have bought and sold a bunch of saws. The one that has stuck around is my 034 super.

Back