Out of wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I finished splitting and stacking the last of the wood this morning and now I'm wondering what a guy's supposed to do for entertainment around here.

A bit left to do

attachment.php

attachment.php

Finally finished the splitting and stacking
attachment.php

Part of the end result
attachment.php

Last edited:
A wee bit

Actually we only burn 2 1/2 cord in a cold year. I've got wood stacked all over the place and most of this will probably be sold. One thing about living in the PNW is there's always wood to cut.

I'd have no trouble keeping the Fir and Hemlock for 4 or more years if needed, but the Alder will go bad after a couple of years if not kept fairly dry so it's best to get it burned up quickly. Hard to keep it dry enough if it's not in a shed and my shed space is limited.

I've cut more wood than usual this year, but it's kind of nice to sell some and help fund my CAD.

Last edited:
Nuzzy have you gotten any pallets or crates from businesses to suppliment your green wood. Or is that too easy. Hehe. :dizzy:

Luckily, yes. I can usually get loads of free pallets from my bro's work, but they have so many hidden nails I'm forever destroying chains and thus stopping to resharpen on my little saw. It's maddening :laugh: And it's a bit of a hike over there.

We actually broke down and bought a cord of "seasoned" wood earlier this month. However, it turned out to be neither a full cord nor seasoned. Furthermore it was cut in impossibly small pieces thus proving insanely annoying to handle. And to add insult to injury, we've blazed through damn near all of it in two weeks... Such is life sometimes :bang::laugh:

That being said, I still wouldn't burn propane :chainsaw:

I can dig it. My 76 year old friend uses a circular saw to cut pallets. He can handle the saw and electric so no pulling. He calls me when the company he goes to gets some bigger stuff. But like you say lots of nails. I have ruined alot of chains. I still figure its worth it.:)

chainsaw

Hey alderman, I noticed you have a lot of shindaiwa chainsaws, how do you like them and do they hold up good and is the power comparable to Husky and JRed. We just got a dealer for them in town and was just wondering what they are like.

Back