Outdoor forced air furnaces

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Junkie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have any of these? If so, what are your thoughts? I like the idea of not having the fuss of plumbing water lines and heat exchangers, and the cheaper price. Not to mention if I could find one with the newer gasification system, you could have the best of both worlds....long burn times, less wood consumption, and keeping the wood outside. So far the manufacturers I've found are Shaver, Fire chief, US stove, Wadena, and Embers. I'm currently using the fireplace and an Eden pure heater to heat the old farm house (2500 sq. ft) and we are at a balmy 60 deg..... but we haven't used the propane yet ;) We just moved into the place and will be biting the propane bullet when January hits. I'm not looking to purchase until the spring/summer and would appreciate any input......

I have a lil house, One of the cheaper ones made works good. Load it up at nite and still have hot coals in the morning. I have had it about 5 yrs now, and i have been burning hedge.

Back