Overbought! Shindaiwa 600 SX for 4 cords/yr

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have clarified. I used "screaming" to mean racing through the wood.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I could tell a distinct difference how it cut as brought home from the dealer compared to how it cut once I trimmed the limiter tabs and then tuned it.

Yes it will make a difference... Just wait til you get through about 10 tanks...

Also, the ground is just slightly thawed here. Loaded up my 12-ft utility trailer with a couple thousand pounds of wood, and couldn't budge. Even in 4 wheel low, all four wheels were spinning. I unhooked the trailer, but to no avail--pickup was still stuck. Luckily, a guy nearby pulled my Tacoma and loaded-down trailer out with his tractor.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

The 620's I have seen at the dealer all have full or 3/4 wrap handles, I forget which. Maybe it is a letter designation after the 620? Just curious. Great looking saw! I think I would have left the 27" bar. The extra reach is always nice to have.

Great looking saw! I think I would have left the 27" bar. The extra reach is always nice to have.

I thought about it, but I won't be needing a bar that length but rarely. I'd rather use the 20-inch bar as the primary. If I end up needing a longer bar, I'll buy one later.

On a different topic, now I've bought a tach. I figured I might as well use one of those to help tune my ears AND the chainsaw.

I thought about it, but I won't be needing a bar that length but rarely. I'd rather use the 20-inch bar as the primary. If I end up needing a longer bar, I'll buy one later.

On a different topic, now I've bought a tach. I figured I might as well use one of those to help tune my ears AND the chainsaw.

I had a tach on mine for fun but never needed to tune with it. Set the idle and low for snappy throttle response and tune the high end so it's just 4 stroking at wot and cleans up in the wood. 620s don't have an aggressive 4 stroke but you can hear it...

Also, the ground is just slightly thawed here. Loaded up my 12-ft utility trailer with a couple thousand pounds of wood, and couldn't budge. Even in 4 wheel low, all four wheels were spinning. I unhooked the trailer, but to no avail--pickup was still stuck. Luckily, a guy nearby pulled my Tacoma and loaded-down trailer out with his tractor.

Snow chains will get you moving

Didn't bother to risk getting stuck this morning. Parked up top and pulled wood up the hill in a garden cart, a couple hundred pounds at a time till the trailer was loaded down and I was spent. Got my exercise in for the day.

Hello to all
I'm a new member, I found looking for information on this saw
I needed a new chain saw, I just bought the 600sx, because it's still carbureted and not electronic.
Eeven before reading here I was skeptical because of the muffler, now what do you recommend? I only did 2 tanks.
remove the limiter caps and fatten it up a hit and run 40.1 mix?
mod muffler?

thank you all

Thats what i did to mine just trim the deflector drill out the tube a little you see when the deflector is off .pulled the limiters and retune it really woke my saw up.

I run 40.1 have been since the mid 80s i use echo red armor now never had a saw or brushcutter fail but everyone has their preference.

A word of caution my friend drilled too much of the tube out and it was very loud and annoying i think i used 3/8 bit and its not much louder than stock and breathes a lot better.

Thats what i did to mine just trim the deflector drill out the tube a little you see when the deflector is off .pulled the limiters and retune it really woke my saw up.
I can have a photo of the work?
thanks

I will try when i get back to my shop.

I noticed the differences between the my manual (Italy) and that of the Shindaiwa-USA website about the chain and guide bar combination

my manual (Italy, European market):
guide bar 45 (18) chain 73LPX-64
guide bar 50 (20) chain 73LPX-72 (sold with this combination)
guide bar 60 (24) chain 73LPX-84

Shindaiwa-USA website manual :
guide bar 406 (16) chain 72LPX-60
guide bar 457 (18) chain 72LPX-66
guide bar 508 (20) chain 72LPX-70
guide bar 610 (24) chain 72LPX-81
guide bar 686 (27) chain 72LPX-93

I have a bunch of husky bars so i just cut or have chains cut to fit usually one link sometimes two.

Look around you might find a mod you like better some guys dual port which i will try next time . it's definitely louder my way but it works great for me.

Latest posts

Back