Overbought! Shindaiwa 600 SX for 4 cords/yr

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BGE541

BGE541

Addicted to ArboristSite
I should have clarified. I used "screaming" to mean racing through the wood.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I could tell a distinct difference how it cut as brought home from the dealer compared to how it cut once I trimmed the limiter tabs and then tuned it.

Yes it will make a difference... Just wait til you get through about 10 tanks...

UnderDawgAl

UnderDawgAl

ArboristSite Lurker
Also, the ground is just slightly thawed here. Loaded up my 12-ft utility trailer with a couple thousand pounds of wood, and couldn't budge. Even in 4 wheel low, all four wheels were spinning. I unhooked the trailer, but to no avail--pickup was still stuck. Luckily, a guy nearby pulled my Tacoma and loaded-down trailer out with his tractor.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

tla100

tla100

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
The 620's I have seen at the dealer all have full or 3/4 wrap handles, I forget which. Maybe it is a letter designation after the 620? Just curious. Great looking saw! I think I would have left the 27" bar. The extra reach is always nice to have.

UnderDawgAl

UnderDawgAl

ArboristSite Lurker
Great looking saw! I think I would have left the 27" bar. The extra reach is always nice to have.

I thought about it, but I won't be needing a bar that length but rarely. I'd rather use the 20-inch bar as the primary. If I end up needing a longer bar, I'll buy one later.

On a different topic, now I've bought a tach. I figured I might as well use one of those to help tune my ears AND the chainsaw.

BGE541

BGE541

Addicted to ArboristSite
I thought about it, but I won't be needing a bar that length but rarely. I'd rather use the 20-inch bar as the primary. If I end up needing a longer bar, I'll buy one later.

On a different topic, now I've bought a tach. I figured I might as well use one of those to help tune my ears AND the chainsaw.

I had a tach on mine for fun but never needed to tune with it. Set the idle and low for snappy throttle response and tune the high end so it's just 4 stroking at wot and cleans up in the wood. 620s don't have an aggressive 4 stroke but you can hear it...

bikemike

bikemike

loud pipes save lives
Also, the ground is just slightly thawed here. Loaded up my 12-ft utility trailer with a couple thousand pounds of wood, and couldn't budge. Even in 4 wheel low, all four wheels were spinning. I unhooked the trailer, but to no avail--pickup was still stuck. Luckily, a guy nearby pulled my Tacoma and loaded-down trailer out with his tractor.

Snow chains will get you moving

UnderDawgAl

UnderDawgAl

ArboristSite Lurker
Didn't bother to risk getting stuck this morning. Parked up top and pulled wood up the hill in a garden cart, a couple hundred pounds at a time till the trailer was loaded down and I was spent. Got my exercise in for the day.

elettro

elettro

ArboristSite Lurker
Hello to all
I'm a new member, I found looking for information on this saw
I needed a new chain saw, I just bought the 600sx, because it's still carbureted and not electronic.
Eeven before reading here I was skeptical because of the muffler, now what do you recommend? I only did 2 tanks.
remove the limiter caps and fatten it up a hit and run 40.1 mix?
mod muffler?

thank you all

grack

grack

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thats what i did to mine just trim the deflector drill out the tube a little you see when the deflector is off .pulled the limiters and retune it really woke my saw up.

grack

grack

Addicted to ArboristSite
I run 40.1 have been since the mid 80s i use echo red armor now never had a saw or brushcutter fail but everyone has their preference.

grack

grack

Addicted to ArboristSite
A word of caution my friend drilled too much of the tube out and it was very loud and annoying i think i used 3/8 bit and its not much louder than stock and breathes a lot better.

elettro

elettro

ArboristSite Lurker
I noticed the differences between the my manual (Italy) and that of the Shindaiwa-USA website about the chain and guide bar combination

my manual (Italy, European market):
guide bar 45 (18) chain 73LPX-64
guide bar 50 (20) chain 73LPX-72 (sold with this combination)
guide bar 60 (24) chain 73LPX-84

Shindaiwa-USA website manual :
guide bar 406 (16) chain 72LPX-60
guide bar 457 (18) chain 72LPX-66
guide bar 508 (20) chain 72LPX-70
guide bar 610 (24) chain 72LPX-81
guide bar 686 (27) chain 72LPX-93

grack

grack

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a bunch of husky bars so i just cut or have chains cut to fit usually one link sometimes two.

grack

grack

Addicted to ArboristSite
Look around you might find a mod you like better some guys dual port which i will try next time . it's definitely louder my way but it works great for me.