Owners with a 5100 and a 346xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosegunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For you guys who own both saws

What would it be, both saws out the door with choice of 16 or 18" bar and 2 chains.

Dolmar 5100 for $416.00

or

346xp non cat for $502.00

gg

I own a 5100 and I have ran both the 346 and 2153.
They are about as even as they get performance wise.
I can't see spending the extra money for a decomp button and a primer bulb.

These two saws are sure being compaired alot lately!

I would say get the one that feels the best to you! :)

:cheers:

Same dealer? Husky probably has the better dealer support. I was talking to a dealer a week ago he said once the 5100's are liquidated from the distributor In Canada then there will only be the 5105's available in Canada.

I have owned two 5100's and now own a new 346XP.

I have no complaints about the 5100 except not enough bar oil to suit me, and no dealer close by.

But for handling , acceleration and fast cutting,

I like the 346XP better. Much better.

These two saws are sure being compaired alot lately!

I would say get the one that feels the best to you! :)

Honestly that seems to be the 346xp.

But I wonder about the durability(not engine but rest of saw) and power compared to the dolmar.

My brothers 5100 is really quite impressive. If I new for certain that a 346xp could cut like that I would probably spend the extra money. Not knocking it I just haven't gotten to use a 346.

gg

But I wonder about the durability(not engine but rest of saw) and power compared to the dolmar.

My brothers 5100 is really quite impressive. If I new for certain that a 346xp could cut like that I would probably spend the extra money. Not knocking it I just haven't gotten to use a 346.

gg

If your brothers 5100 is stock, you now know for certain because I'm telling ya.
The 346 will cut stick for stick right with your brothers 5100. ( if you are as good of a sawyer as he is)
I love my 5100 and I wouldn't trade it for TWO 346s but the cut times are identical between the two if they are both stock.

Mike

I just bought a 346 last week and I am very satisfied with it!!
I have not run the 5100 but I have a mm 026 with the 194 carb and the 346 is stronger!
I love the 346 in the short time I have had it but to me my 026 feels better balanced.

I have never ran the 346. I have a 5100, great saw, very impressive! From the reviews from both of these models, you won't be disappointed with either one you decide to buy, they are very well made saws and will last a long time. There is a lot of nick-picking between the 2 but it's about like the ole Ford VS Chevy thing...

Yea I linke my 026 a lot... Better than the OE 346 for sure anyhow. Haven't ran the NE 346 yet.. But I just like the feel/setup of the 026 much better..

gg

You do not have to worry about the quality and durability of the 346XP or any of the Husqvarna Pro saws.

I run Dolmar for years and have switched over to Husqvarna and Stihl, for the lack of a Dolmar dealer for the most part. But I can tell you that the quality of these two are every bit the equal of Dolmar.

For whatever this might be worth, I have found the Husqvarna easier to work on than the other two.

Great CAD!

Just bought a 5105 and after reading this thread I see that a 346xp will have to be on it's way.

Best price I've found is $449 delivered on the 346xpNE.

Gotta love this site if you love chainsaws!

Are you using it more as a trim saw or allaround saw? The 5100 has more low end torque likes 3/8 chain. The 346 or 2153 red likes smaller wood with 325 on them. good saws all of them.

I own both and have about 15 gal of mix through each i enjoy them both but i would not trade my 346 for 10 5100's. acceleration and handling the 346 wins hands down. heres a pic of mine wearing 3/8 in a 12'' jack pine :cheers:
attachment.php

Back