Pacific Northwest GTG June 10th-12th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a newb to these GTG's but not to the PNW. Sounds like a hoot. I can bring some old yellow iron and maybe something built after 1995. Drive AROUND portland, not thru it. I can't wait to meet fellow members.

If the world allows... I'll make an appearance.

DOOOO EEEEET

I need to get there before this guy snags all the freebie saws again

He didn't get ALL of 'em... though I am still looking for a few parts!

The good woman and I will attend.

You guys are awesome. I love your story about the border crossing and trying to explain a "chainsaw party".

I can't wait to meet fellow members.

I daresay that you will find people to be cooler than you ever imagined. These is some good folks!

Heh heh. How many beers is it gonna take to get him cooled down enough to have fun after a poke in the ribs like that? Guess I'll just bring extra, you know, as "medicine".

Medicine, yes.
Bill knows I'm just kidding, if not, he knows where to find me.

We need to sit on logs and continue our conversation about forests, beer, cigars, Remingtons and life as we know it.
Really looking forward to it.

Can chocolate be substituted for a cigar?

179197d1302268340-big-bad-bob0001-jpg

179198d1302268340-randymac0001-jpg

View attachment 179197
View attachment 179198

I'm really pleased at

the great response this event has been getting! Looking forward to the new faces and love seeing those from the last few of these GTG's.
Mark Heimannm....You and that BP-1 ..... Hope you can work it out this time! ( of coure that means I will have to make an extra effort on my shop clean up)
On another note.....MacbenderBob, from another site (RS), has expressed an intrest in coming over and up to our little shindig and I promised that we would light off some old yellows if makes it!
I was over to Phil's Saw Shop last Saturday to BS a little while passing the word about our GTG. It would be nice if that bunch could show up again! They were fun! Just ask my neighbor!
Cedarkerf & MtnGal, you sure can have the same spot! As I remember it's right next to the almost beach front, SlowP's "Wing" site. By the way.....Whatever dead thing you burn up here this year is going to have to go some to beat last years! While I'm thinking about food.....It would be nice to see Burvol and another Salmon!
Well my typing finger is starting to cramp.......More to come.....Bob

Man I'm looking forward to this. As Randy said, we'll be leaving his place Friday morning if all goes to plan. We won't have matching wardrobes however...:jester:

Diesel's out of sight. I just paid $4.33/gal and that was the best deal around. Crikey! That'd take around $165 or so to completely fill the truck (and it's thirsty). Hope diesel doesn't go up any higher...:(

Money and time are both tight enough that I may not have my McCulloch Super 250 rebuilt for this year's GTG either...........so Gary and I can both mope together while staring longingly at Randy's running Super. I'll be bringing my McCulloch 550 and 790 (and Randy's 790) plus a few smaller saws. May or may not have the Homelite 1130G and/or the Homelite XL903 buttoned up in time.

Will be on the look out for more 'projects' and parts for those already on the shelf. I'll be bringing up some cash to pay Bob for the NOS 1050 jug and piston he offered me some months ago. That'll get the XP1020 much closer to life for the 2012 GTG.:cool2:

Also will try to put aside a bit of trading cashola (if it doesn't all go into the truck's tanks), and may have a few saws and/or parts for trading stock. Guess I need to have the Wife go to the Pacific Northwest GTG FB site so I can check out the Swap Meet thread.:cheers:

'Centric, don't sweat all the saws, finding something to play with won't be a problem. I'll most likely be traveling light with just two or three saws plus a box or two of misc stuff.
Since you will be wearing out your truck, I'll have fuel money, diesel is $4.69 here, but will be cheaper in Orygun, maybe .35-.50 a gallon. I try to buy all my gas up there. Last week reg gas was $4.25 here, in Brookings it was $3.81.

Diesel's out of sight. I just paid $4.33/gal and that was the best deal around. Crikey! That'd take around $165 or so to completely fill the truck (and it's thirsty). Hope diesel doesn't go up any higher...:(

May or may not have the Homelite 1130G and/or the Homelite XL903 buttoned up in time.

Also will try to put aside a bit of trading cashola (if it doesn't all go into the truck's tanks), and may have a few saws and/or parts for trading stock. :

I been calculating my trip at 7 mpg too.

I think it was about a six hour trip from seattle

might need to sell off some 990-1130 parts to fill the tank ,

or a few saws:biggrin:

not sure what will be behind the bus.

might bring a VDUB towbar and help farley clean his shop out :rock:

Hey Randy

I think mcbob got the word from my posting on the RS site. That post does mention the facebook page and this site.
Seems he will be flying into LAX and then get a connector to Eugene. He could use some advice about that! Also, he is under the impression that he would be an easy winner of the "Long Distance Award" (should there be one). So far I haven't the heart to tell him that he would be only a distant third as You and Nate will be touching down from "Pretty Far Out"!!!.....:laugh:.......Bob

Hey Bob- have you heard from Jesse (Burvol?) If he's going to make the GTG then I have a couple things to drop off for him. I won't be able to make the GTG this year since I'll potentially be in Alaska managing aviation again, but maybe I could meet you somewhere and give you Jesse's gear.

'Centric, don't sweat all the saws, finding something to play with won't be a problem. I'll most likely be traveling light with just two or three saws plus a box or two of misc stuff.
Since you will be wearing out your truck, I'll have fuel money, diesel is $4.69 here, but will be cheaper in Orygun, maybe .35-.50 a gallon. I try to buy all my gas up there. Last week reg gas was $4.25 here, in Brookings it was $3.81.

Thanks Randy. I wouldn't be able to make this trip at all without your help (in fuel costs, driving boredom abatement, and lodging on Thursday and Sunday nights). I'm scaling my 'saw ambitions' for this trip way back. Really wanted to get my Super 250 rebuilt in time for the GTG, but I guess the "Four Super 250's Cutting at Once" thing will have to wait for 2012, when Gary and I will have our Supers done.

I hope that Mark H. will be able to join us. I'd like to meet him in person......................and I hope he gets that McCulloch 77 running in time as well.:clap:

I been calculating my trip at 7 mpg too.

I think it was about a six hour trip from seattle

might need to sell off some 990-1130 parts to fill the tank ,

or a few saws:biggrin:

not sure what will be behind the bus.

might bring a VDUB towbar and help farley clean his shop out :rock:

Gonna be an expensive trip for both of us Ric. I thought I had it bad at around 12 MPG with my old diesel Ford. I've got a longer drive though, with about 20/1100 hours/miles round trip.:msp_unsure:

1130 and 990 parts eh? Got the 1130G and 9-series parts listed in my sig?

#2 is 4.20 something here in bum ####.
I'l be in Brookings in a week or so oldtimer.

Back