Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets just keep runnin with it got up to 46 degrees today a real barn burner. Hill behind the house still white tho nice crunchy morning tho. Supposedly will hit the 60's this week we shall see.

The computer said were suppose to hit 72 on saturday. If it takes that much of a jump I might get heat stroke.

attachment.php

Getting some wood down to the field tonight. Wood is going to be alittle dirty.

lolol... not running my saws in that!

:hmm3grin2orange: It's just a little dirt. All the people that want free saw tuning and advice can pay you back by sharpening your chains for you. That ought to be interesting.

Besides, with all the rain you guys are getting Bookerdog can just go out and turn the deck every once in awhile and let the rain clean the logs.

I will take my pressure washer and wash them for ya. I will make sure and debark them also. I will also pluck my geeze so you have down feathers under your tent. LOL

I'm bringing Barbie Stickers. They ward off saw pinching and cutting dirt pretty well. Barbie Stickers for Everyone!!

I don't know about a Barbie Sticker...it might make my saw grumpy. I'm changing enough stuff just to come up there as it is...I spent an hour yesterday scraping the "Buy California Grown Wood Products" bumper sticker off of my pickup. Didn't want me and RR2 getting shot at driving through Oregon. I'll put on something generic to replace it...Trees are America's Renewable Resource should work.

They'll think your work for Werhauser... still might get a few key scratches...

"have you hugged a logger today" might work better...

I have sticker in my back window that says "Don't worry I'am a logger" Most people that are not loggers do not know how to take it. My youngest daughter attends university of puget sound and there nick name is the "Loggers" I love that. Were is this get together being held at ?

I have sticker in my back window that says "Don't worry I'am a logger" Most people that are not loggers do not know how to take it. My youngest daughter attends university of puget sound and there nick name is the "Loggers" I love that. Were is this get together being held at ?

Down at underwood WA 60 miles east of Portland

I don't know about a Barbie Sticker...it might make my saw grumpy. I'm changing enough stuff just to come up there as it is...I spent an hour yesterday scraping the "Buy California Grown Wood Products" bumper sticker off of my pickup. Didn't want me and RR2 getting shot at driving through Oregon. I'll put on something generic to replace it...Trees are America's Renewable Resource should work.

Don't worry, you've still got those Collyfonia plates. Probably more important to stop in Klamath Falls and switch to some Orygun ones. I would like the Earth First sticker but I have to go to Portland once in a while and would like my tires to stay in good shape. Perhaps you could coat your plates with mud and whatever you do, don't look too prosperous. We really hate RICH Colyfonians.

Don't worry, you've still got those Collyfonia plates. Probably more important to stop in Klamath Falls and switch to some Orygun ones. I would like the Earth First sticker but I have to go to Portland once in a while and would like my tires to stay in good shape. Perhaps you could coat your plates with mud and whatever you do, don't look too prosperous. We really hate RICH Colyfonians.

Don't look too prosperous? No problem! We're having a big meeting Saturday with the company brass and I have a bad feeling that we're not going to get too much good news. We might eke out a season between bug kill and burn salvage but it looks mighty thin for this year.

I'll just have to load up on BBQ and huckleberry pie...put a few pounds on my already winter-chubby self.

My new career of cutting stuff out of roads is maintaining the roundness at an even level. There are actually plans by people to log, but the sales are high and so is the snow. I'll believe it when the trees start falling. There's also a big avalanche and slide on one of the main roads and the road guys can't work on it until the snow melts out to get to the waste dumping spot.
I hope the snow doesn't hurt the huckleberry crop for this year.

My new career of cutting stuff out of roads is maintaining the roundness at an even level. There are actually plans by people to log, but the sales are high and so is the snow. I'll believe it when the trees start falling. There's also a big avalanche and slide on one of the main roads and the road guys can't work on it until the snow melts out to get to the waste dumping spot.
I hope the snow doesn't hurt the huckleberry crop for this year.

Huckleberry crop should be a good one. Snow will help insulate those plants. When the snow melts and they bloom frost shouldn't be a problem.

Latest posts

Back