Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earthquakes?

What's this I hear about earthquakes off the central Oregon coast? Is this GTG going to turn into the Official AS Earthquake Damage Team or what?

Ian

The earthquakes are the fault of a snowmobiler. He snowmobiled to the top of St. Helens (verboten in the first place) and then walked too far out on a cornice and fell 200 feet into the crater and lived to be rescued. So the vocano did not get a sacrifice and now there might be an eruption off the Oregon Coast. He'll probably be getting a hefty fine too.

There's a better one in Central Oregon that has been bulging a bit. I was in Bend several years ago on a weekend that ALL the volcanoes in the Cascades were supposed to erupt. We had beers on a deck with a view but none erupted.

It could be THE BIG ONE they've been predicting. So, get out of Portland as fast as you can. Did you know there is a vocano in the middle of Portland too? As well as a few fault lines. Oh, and I'd try to be out of the Gorge quickly too in case another Bridge Of The Gods episode occurs. We'll know it has happened if the river starts rising quickly at Underwood. :eek:

I'm still keeping the snowshoes in the rig. I saw "snow level 2000 feet" on the forecast for the upcoming week. Yesterday sure was a shock. Unfortunately, the lawnmower, stored under gutterless eaves all winter, started on the first pull.

Not As Lucky As Me!

Hey slowp !
Mine started fine once the new battery was installed. Then the main drive belt let go. Had a broken spring that went somewhere? Then needed new blades. A day on that thing & I had to put ice in my white wine! 85 degrees here yesterday. Little better today. Got the burn pile going.......Bob

Holy smokes I forgot all about this.

Do ya still have room for a couple more? Short of some major problem it will be the wife and me, both kiddos will be out on vacation.

If you do we will be there. Hopefully we can find a room someplace or we will drive in for the day. What else is needed. What saws and other toys are needed. I can dredge the freezer for some blacktail or home grown pork.

Owl

Holy smokes I forgot all about this.

Do ya still have room for a couple more? Short of some major problem it will be the wife and me, both kiddos will be out on vacation.

If you do we will be there. Hopefully we can find a room someplace or we will drive in for the day. What else is needed. What saws and other toys are needed. I can dredge the freezer for some blacktail or home grown pork.

Owl

There is still room. There are now three threads PNW Grocery list and PNW bookerdogs chainsaw fest.

This is at 2325 ft elevation. Usually melted out but not this year. The road does have a bare patch on up though. Just about quitting time, the temperature dropped, the wind blew and a little blizzard hit. Brrrrrrr.

attachment.php

There was a tree to be cut out of the way, and guess who had to do it? These guys didn't bring a saw along. But they threw the brush out of the road. Twinkle repulsed them with the newly added Barbie stickers.:clap:

daffodills have been flowering for over a month... normaly they'd flower and be gone in week or two... The rest of the garden has pretty much stopped.

Latest posts

Back