Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and anyone that says that size doesn't matter hasn't seen this obviously male tree.

DSC00017-1.jpg

Oh, and anyone that says that size doesn't matter hasn't seen this obviously male tree.

well, it looks like y'all are having a wonderful time on this trip... and to think it all started with Bookerdog bravely stepping forward to host a GTG!!! i'm so glad y'all are having a good trip... and hope you continue to have safe travels...

Just made it through the Redwoods on the Oregon and California sides. WOW. Words are just not up to the task of describing what it's like to walk among these giants. This is among the most impressive that we saw. Found a small banana slug too. :) We're in Medford Oregon now. Heading out for Crater Lake and the Collier Logging museum tomorrow and spending the night in Eugene before doing the drive back up the 5 to get in portland for our Sunday morning flight.

DSC00010-1.jpg

DSC00008-2.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

that is one big tree!!:dizzy: the guys that used to cut them had to have their act together just to know where u start cutting the things!!

Just made it through the Redwoods on the Oregon and California sides. WOW. Words are just not up to the task of describing what it's like to walk among these giants. This is among the most impressive that we saw. Found a small banana slug too. :) We're in Medford Oregon now. Heading out for Crater Lake and the Collier Logging museum tomorrow and spending the night in Eugene before doing the drive back up the 5 to get in portland for our Sunday morning flight.

DSC00010-1.jpg

DSC00008-2.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00012-2.jpg

Nice pictures Ian, hope you and the wife have a real good time. Hope to meet up with you two again.

No hard feelings at all. I still claim I was adjusting my mustache. :)

Probably had wood chips up it after running the Barbie Saw. I did mention earplugs in the nose, eh? Somehow there is orange paint on the pie carrier too. You need to watch the Mandatory video we have to watch before touching the super secret paint. That movie will cure insomnia and has people in realistic conditions of slowly ambling around on FLAT ground, no brush and the sun is always out. The guns don't plug, the people don't trip, the wind doesn't blow. It snowed at 2000 feet yesterday morning here. Back to normal. :)

Last edited:
Somehow there is orange paint on the pie carrier too. :)

i know how the orange paint got on the pie carrier... :D but the orange paint was just an indicator that someone was doing an good deed marking the wood for wood stove size... slowp, next time should i bring Barbie Pink paint for marking the wood???

i know how the orange paint got on the pie carrier... :D but the orange paint was just an indicator that someone was doing an good deed marking the wood for wood stove size... slowp, next time should i bring Barbie Pink paint for marking the wood???

Thankyou Trinity I forgot to think gologit for marking those tree's. Many thankyous bob. from the dog

Thankyou Trinity I forgot to think gologit for marking those tree's. Many thankyous bob. from the dog

Hey BDog/Trinity/SlowP you are all right!!!! Bob did an exemplary job in marking all of the Logs for proper size,,,, and he wore plenty of the paint to prove it!!!!

Kudos To Bob (Google it)

adam clarke brought a 681 he had worked over, and i had my pair of worked over 7900's.

haywire's ehp 372 was there.

when all done, the order was from fastest to slowest:

haywire 372
clarke 681/both 7900's tied
dean's 390
stock 681

I wonder why the 390 didn't do better - was it stock?

...but that is hard to believe, considering the owner....:D

Edit, now I know - it had a 32" bar, and not too sharp round chisel, and the others had 20" bars and square chisel - and it was not run in......:D

Last edited:

Edit, now I know - it had a 32" bar, and not too sharp round chisel, and the others had 20" bars and square chisel - and it was not run in......:D

put those same saws in 36" wood not 14" wood and it is a whole new story.

Hmmm???? :buttkick: :ices_rofl: :givebeer:

put those same saws in 36" wood not 14" wood and it is a whole new story.

Oh Yeah!!!!!!

Last edited:
I was looking at the Banana slug photo that Haywire posted,,,

here is one of two slugs I found while hiking in the Hoh rainforest,,,

But I guess mine are not Banana Slugs,,,

Maybe Cucumber???? LOLOL!!!

attachment.php

I thik the one on the left is excited!!!! it was about 3 inches long!!!!

Latest posts

Back