Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at the Banana slug photo that Haywire posted,,,

here is one of two slugs I found while hiking in the Hoh rainforest,,,

But I guess mine are not Banana Slugs,,,

Maybe Cucumber???? LOLOL!!!

attachment.php

I thik the one on the left is excited!!!! it was about 3 inches long!!!!

Of course it's excited. Lookit the name on the cap. It is obviously a prime specimen of Slugmucilagium CADiensis! With good taste in saws, no less!:rock: :rockn:

Just made it through the Redwoods on the Oregon and California sides. WOW. Words are just not up to the task of describing what it's like to walk among these giants. This is among the most impressive that we saw. Found a small banana slug too. :) We're in Medford Oregon now. Heading out for Crater Lake and the Collier Logging museum tomorrow and spending the night in Eugene before doing the drive back up the 5 to get in portland for our Sunday morning flight.

Wow Haywire you will Enjoy the Logging Museum,,,

I was gonna post some pic put have not had alot of time,,,,

While Bob (Google it) I just love that LOLOL!!!

and I were there we noticed a bunch of the stuff that came from Minnesota and Wisconson My family was in the Logging/lumber business @ that time early 1900's I am seeing if my cousin can find and scan some old logging photos to post,,,

best regards River

Last edited:
I was looking at the Banana slug photo that Haywire posted,,,

here is one of two slugs I found while hiking in the Hoh rainforest,,,

But I guess mine are not Banana Slugs,,,

Maybe Cucumber???? LOLOL!!!

attachment.php

I thik the one on the left is excited!!!! it was about 3 inches long!!!!

i guess i'll have to charge up the batteries for my cam-- and post the HUGE ones on the back deck here... never saw 6"-8" slugs before... and as a barefoot girl, Mr Wonderful kept waiting to hear me scream EEEWWWWWWW when i finally stepped on one... so far, so good... however, wandering in the backyard barefoot in the dark at night, i am risking the EEEWWWW factor...

Wow Haywire you will Enjoy the Logging Museum,,,

I was gonna post some pic put have not had alot of time,,,,

While Bob (Google it) I just love that LOLOL!!!

and I were there we noticed a bunch of the stuff that came from Minnesota and Wisconson My family was in the Looging/lumber business @ that time early 1900's I am seeing if my cousin can find and scan some old logging photos to post,,,

best regards River

Well, I'm back in Portland now so we can fly out tomorrow. Got a 6 of that Black Butte Porter to keep me busy this evening.

The logging museum was interesting, but at the same time a little disappointing. All that great old equipment basically rotting in the elements. They need an influx of cash to get that stuff indoors and restored. Did you notice that one of the old saws had the chain mounted backwards? ;) They could use some cleaning up and restoring too... the bars were rusting away. I did my part at the donation slot. How'd you like that saw that was basically a large recip blade?

We've got 300+ pics to sort out and label. When I get back and get time, I'll do that and start a thread in the OT forum and post a bunch of pics.

Ian

Last edited:
Black Butte Porter,,,,Yummy!!!!!!

that should keep you busy!!!!!!
attachment.php

LOLOLOL!!!!

Yeah the lady there said much of it has just been found abandoned out in the bush,,,

We left there with lighter pockets too,,,, I wish it all looked as good as the stuff right out side the gates,,,

Last edited:
HEY! Guess what? Yep, We're sitting here in the Portland airport, flight delayed 4 hours because of weather in Chicago... Have I done this before or what? :censored: :bang: :bang:

Ian

HEY! Guess what? Yep, We're sitting here in the Portland airport, flight delayed 4 hours because of weather in Chicago... Have I done this before or what? :censored: :bang: :bang:

Ian

Well, I guess this would be the time to say something soothing and offer some encouragement. I can't think of anything. :) :cheers:

Flying commercially is usually an excercise in frustration and enforced idleness. I think that's one reason why I won't fly the airlines unless there's just no other choice and even then they practically have to drag me on board kicking and screaming.

Amtrak is good, driving is even better. But sometimes you have no other choice than to put yourself at the mercy of the airlines.

Last edited:
Those were some great pictures of you running my ancient 066. Are you going to get one of your own now?

Bob, I wouldn't trust myself to have a saw that heavy... i know my limits!!! although i do tend to be attracted to things with a history, i do realize that i was coddled through my solitary chainsaw experience!!!

where my life is right now, i don't have use for my own saw... and i am more then happy to just attend GTGs and let good natured folks like you & slowp tutor me through learning more about saws!!!

i showed the pics to people today over for the Mother's Day celebration-- right after they were yakking that no one saws wood anymore... LOL wrong conversation to have in my presence today-- especially with the laptop handy!!!

Back