Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chowdozer

chowdozer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Colin I talked to my son today and he said he met you and your wife up at Crystal Mountain. He works at the Silver Ski Inn. What a small world.
I told him about the GTG and how people came from Kentucky, Texas, Canada, Oregon, and the farthest was England.
I told him we met a real nice young couple and he said he met you too.
I thought that was pretty cool.

That's funny! :cheers:

Trinity Honoria

Trinity Honoria

Having the next Northwest GTG at Bookerdog's place in October sounds great to me. I only made it for one day at the last one, but still had a ton of fun. It was my first GTG. Hopefully at the next one, there will again be some bigger saws such as Stihl 066 or larger. I keep seeing one in my future and the GTG would be just the ticket to get me off dead center in buying one.

Jon

to me, this is one of the coolest things about the GTGs-- watching people try saws they've been curious about... or like me, get to actually USE a saw LOL... a good GTG is like one giant Show & Tell, with everyone willing to share their toys!!! so great to watch...

Ironbark

Ironbark

ArboristSite Guru
Hey Colin I talked to my son today and he said he met you and your wife up at Crystal Mountain. He works at the Silver Ski Inn. What a small world.
I told him about the GTG and how people came from Kentucky, Texas, Canada, Oregon, and the farthest was England.
I told him we met a real nice young couple and he said he met you too.
I thought that was pretty cool.

Wow, that is cool.

He's lucky to work up there....really nice place. We'd driven up there just exploring. I'd figured the road was closed further up when we only saw 1 other car on the 35 mile drive from Enumclaw, but carried on anyway.

We'd planned to camp, but even I'll admit the weather wasn't great (37F and foggy), so Kate decided to try the hotel. I thought she was crazy, because there was only 1 other car outside and it looked closed. Could hardly believe it when she said we're in and check out the room. Plasma TV, dinning table, sofa and an amazing kitchen....don't even have all those things at home.

Best thing was the 14 foot snowbank outside chilled my beer in no time at all. Very memorable stay, say thanks again when you talk to him next.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Best thing was the 14 foot snowbank outside chilled my beer in no time at all.

An Englishman drinking his beer cold? Gentlemen, I believe we have an impostor. No self-respecting Brit would be drinking his beer cold. Unless that is, you were forced to drink the American swill that they call beer here. Getting it real cold might drown out the taste (or lack of it) :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

When I was in Europe, I kept my rack of beer BESIDE the refrigerator, not in it.

Ian

Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
IPA? That's Isopropyl Alcohol man... rubbing alcohol... that'll leave you more than legless. :dizzy:

(please don't negative rep me)

I dunno... a Brit drinking cold beer... and Coors Light at that. I think I puked just a little in the back of my throat... I need a Sam Adams to wash it back down.. :)

Ian

Last edited:
bookerdog

bookerdog

The New Champ
Hi All,

Just made it back to the UK! American Airlines messed up BIG TIME and cancelled my JFK to Stansted flight. Made it on a flight to Heathrow 6 hours late which was just in time to make it work an hour late :dizzy: My fault I guess......always cut it to the bone :laugh:

Anyway, before it's too late, I just wanted to thank you all for your hospitality. Particularly Bookerdog and family for hosting the event and giving us the tour....thanks very much.

We had a lot of fun and the rest of the rest of the trip was brilliant too. Certainly is a beautiful part of the world.

I might even get some pics to upload now that RR2's given me some pointers on who to resize. We'll see......

Hey glad you had a great time. Thanks for coming out.

slowp
I'll have to slip into Wisconsonese as it it appropriate...

I offered youse guys good beers and you wouldn't drink it so youse shouldn't be making fun of Coors Light. The remaining Porter is here in the fridge. I think there are 5 bottles.

Oh, the new dog finally ate last night. :clap:

RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
I'll have to slip into Wisconsonese as it it appropriate...

I offered youse guys good beers and you wouldn't drink it so youse shouldn't be making fun of Coors Light. The remaining Porter is here in the fridge. I think there are 5 bottles.

Oh, the new dog finally ate last night. :clap:

Hey,,,,,, I was wondering where those Black beauties got off to!!!!!! I was drinking them Patty!!! I'll be over shortly!!!! and some Mirror Pond Pale Ale, and thanks to Teiva,, some Tecate w/ limon,,,, :dizzy: :dizzy: :clap: :givebeer: Walking man IPA!!!! Thanks Lakeside53,,,

and I almost forgot the Fat Tire micro brew!!!!!!

Last edited:
sILlogger

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey,,,,,, I was wondering where those Black beauties got off to!!!!!! I was drinking them Patty!!! I'll be over shortly!!!! and some Mirror Pond Pale Ale, and thanks to Teiva,, some Tecate w/ limon,,,, :dizzy: :dizzy: :clap: :givebeer: Walking man IPA!!!! Thanks Lakeside53,,,

and I almost forgot the Fat Tire micro brew!!!!!!

i drank my first ever Fat Tire last week.....and i think we ended up buying out south central missouri of all o the fat tire reserves!