Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so do we need to do a raindance over the woods in your area, so you can come to the GTG??? afterall, a GTG without the Professor just wouldn't be the same... and ya know, whoever isn't there gets appointed to be the Chairperson of some hideous committee... yep, that's the way it works... so you gotta come for self-protection :greenchainsaw:

Now that is a very good reason to show up.:clap:

Memorial day weekend.. wood stoves burning, camp grounds still snowed in above 2700 feet, cottonwoods haven't dropped cotton, tomato plants shivering...

Someone's been rain-dancing.,...:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Memorial day weekend.. wood stoves burning, camp grounds still snowed in above 2700 feet, cottonwoods haven't dropped cotton, tomato plants shivering...

Someone's been rain-dancing.,...:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

not me... i'm not scheduled to do The Dance until just prior to the Fall GTG and even then, it is only allowed for the Gologit area of the world...

LOL. Uh....didn't you originally volunteer for that job? Didn't you wonder why there were no other volunteers? Makes sense now, eh?

I'd volunteer again too. The alternative is sitting in front of the computer which also makes me whine, and does not have the aerobic benefits. And I'm an excellent whiner. Anybody interested in a group rate if possible at a Dalles motel? The Super 8 was clean. What was the Motel 6 like?

A friend says I need to take his enormous old Homelite with the 4 foot bar. I wonder if it is faster than that one that was there?

I still have to put the rhinestones on The Barbie Saw. The Barbie sticker is coming off of Twinkle, but the explosives sticker is sticking well. October is sometimes a partially dry month.

I danced for drizzle last Friday. I got too hot. Drizzle is preferable. OK, I'm under the table ready for the onslaught of thrown items....

Last edited:
I'd volunteer again too. The alternative is sitting in front of the computer which also makes me whine, and does not have the aerobic benefits. And I'm an excellent whiner. Anybody interested in a group rate if possible at a Dalles motel? The Super 8 was clean. What was the Motel 6 like?

A friend says I need to take his enormous old Homelite with the 4 foot bar. I wonder if it is faster than that one that was there?

I still have to put the rhinestones on The Barbie Saw. The Barbie sticker is coming off of Twinkle, but the explosives sticker is sticking well. October is sometimes a partially dry month.

I danced for drizzle last Friday. I got too hot. Drizzle is preferable. OK, I'm under the table ready for the onslaught of thrown items....

slowp, perhaps we need to coordinate our dance times... you know, like how they will do national "turn on your porch light at 2000 hour to take a stance against gang violence" or something like that??? maybe we need to up our rhinestone count? add fringe & more bling? i dunno-- open to ideas...

and i am sad to hear that Barbie sticker is coming off Twinkle... do we need to look for BIGGER Barbie stickers, to make a bigger statement???

I don't know if any Barbie stickers will stay stuck on Twinkle. They're getting scratched off, I'm cutting a lot of :censored: limby hemlocks. And the woodcutters won't cut them so we're doomed. Bad bad hemlocks! Can you tell I have a new dog? But he gets to hear good stuff too. :)

The mission was successful. That isn't pink, it is Funky Flamingo. Bought some bluish green too. I went to Madsons and bought more summery socks.

attachment.php

not me... i'm not scheduled to do The Dance until just prior to the Fall GTG and even then, it is only allowed for the Gologit area of the world...

Somebody must have done a rain dance. Plus, I asked Slowp to send a little of that PNW drizzle down here. Well, it worked....but I was just kidding:cry: Light rain, cool temps, the rice isn't growing like it should, all my hay is wet, the garden is confused, and we had to dig out a couple of tractor drivers that were not only inexperienced in mud but had probably never even seen it before. And didn't like it much, either. And told us so...in one and a half languages.

The upside to this unseasonable climatic temper tantrum is that all the people who went thundering up to the woods for the 3 day weekend, herding Winnebagos pulling huge ski boats, and leaving trash, noise, and confusion in their wake will probably be drenched by now. That means maybe next year they'll vacation someplace else. Any place else. When people stop me in the woods looking for a good place to camp and vacation I usually suggest Nevada. If y'all keep sending me unseasonable rain (I only asked for drizzle...not rain) I'll start suggesting the campers head for scenic south western Washington.

There. If Slowp can whine occasionally it's only fair that I get equal time.:)

Somebody must have done a rain dance. Plus, I asked Slowp to send a little of that PNW drizzle down here. Well, it worked....but I was just kidding:cry: Light rain, cool temps, the rice isn't growing like it should, all my hay is wet, the garden is confused, and we had to dig out a couple of tractor drivers that were not only inexperienced in mud but had probably never even seen it before. And didn't like it much, either. And told us so...in one and a half languages.

The upside to this unseasonable climatic temper tantrum is that all the people who went thundering up to the woods for the 3 day weekend, herding Winnebagos pulling huge ski boats, and leaving trash, noise, and confusion in their wake will probably be drenched by now. That means maybe next year they'll vacation someplace else. Any place else. When people stop me in the woods looking for a good place to camp and vacation I usually suggest Nevada. If y'all keep sending me unseasonable rain (I only asked for drizzle...not rain) I'll start suggesting the campers head for scenic south western Washington.

There. If Slowp can whine occasionally it's only fair that I get equal time.:)

OK, i won't take it personal that you asked Slowp for drizzle and didn't include me in the dance request, :( but i thank you that you're only sending the tourists to South Western Washington, as that isn't going to impact my serenity at all... but they won't impact slowp, cuz she'll just restrain them with Flamingo Blush Duct Tape!!! :clap:

I tell them all to go to CA if they want sun. It was on the muggy side here. I foolishly believed the weather forecast for clouds and showers so loaded the new used dog in the front of the pickup (gotta teach about riding in the back, skinned nose from finding out he doesn't) and he barked away while I was in the house place getting the new house designed. Later on, he ended up behind the seat, and it is a regular cab but he has proved to be very agile and after I opened the door for him to get out, he twisted and clambered back over the seat. I hurried the rest of the shopping. I think I needed lights and sirens on the cart in the Wal Marche because I had many near misses.
The dog does not like to sit on the sunny side and was squishing me on the ride home. He was on the South side. I was cold but had the air conditioning going full blast to try to keep him off.

We had a thunder storm last night and the used dog slept through it. That's a good sign.

I took the East County Flyway and encountered very little traffic. Highway 12 is another story. Gas is $4.05 here and in town--$4.15 in the Flea Market town to the east. Pretty sneaky because it can take an hour to get through that town at the height of the fleaceing. It normally takes maybe 3 minutes to drive through. I'll leash up the beast and amble over to our overflow flea market today. Maybe they'll have some shiny duck tape.

Howdy everybody!!!!! been out of town for a few days,,,,

Been missing you good folks,,,,:heart: :laugh:

Gonna have a Crawfish boil today for My Daughters graduation,,,,, wont be back till this evening,,, Just checking In!!!! LOL!!!! :blob2:

Howdy everybody!!!!! been out of town for a few days,,,,

Been missing you good folks,,,,:heart: :laugh:

Gonna have a Crawfish boil today for My Daughters graduation,,,,, wont be back till this evening,,, Just checking In!!!! LOL!!!! :blob2:

i'd been wondering why you were silent...

enjoy the graduation celebration!!! Whoooo Hoooo!!! next May, i get to go to Daughter #2's college graduation...

I foolishly believed the weather forecast for clouds and showers so loaded the new used dog in the front of the pickup (gotta teach about riding in the back, skinned nose from finding out he doesn't)

i gotta ask-- did the pooch get a skinned nose during this event, slowp, or did you get a skinned nose trying to get the puppy to stay in the back of the truck???:D

Latest posts

Back