Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tell them all to go to CA if they want sun. It was on the muggy side here. I foolishly believed the weather forecast for clouds and showers so loaded the new used dog in the front of the pickup (gotta teach about riding in the back, skinned nose from finding out he doesn't) and he barked away while I was in the house place getting the new house designed. Later on, he ended up behind the seat, and it is a regular cab but he has proved to be very agile and after I opened the door for him to get out, he twisted and clambered back over the seat. I hurried the rest of the shopping. I think I needed lights and sirens on the cart in the Wal Marche because I had many near misses.
The dog does not like to sit on the sunny side and was squishing me on the ride home. He was on the South side. I was cold but had the air conditioning going full blast to try to keep him off.

We had a thunder storm last night and the used dog slept through it. That's a good sign.

I took the East County Flyway and encountered very little traffic. Highway 12 is another story. Gas is $4.05 here and in town--$4.15 in the Flea Market town to the east. Pretty sneaky because it can take an hour to get through that town at the height of the fleaceing. It normally takes maybe 3 minutes to drive through. I'll leash up the beast and amble over to our overflow flea market today. Maybe they'll have some shiny duck tape.

Yep I tell them to go to Cali for the sunshine. I have encouraged the people I hear complain about all the rain we get.
Sounds like that dog of yours needs to be called Gumby. I can't imagine how it got behind the seat.:monkey:
So where did you find the pink duct tape?

Since I got the dog used, he already had a name..Benny. I checked to see if that was ok with a friend who had a Lab with the same name and he approved. He said it meant that this would be one of the best dogs on the planet. So, to keep one less change for him, he is Benny. It was his nose that got skinned. I have just run him till he flopped down. He's a fetching fool and we (Benny and I) finally, I hope, figured out the right command to get him to let go of the ball. I have to let out a loud aaaack and he will let go of the ball.

They had the Duck tape at WalMart in Chehalis. It is back by the paint department. The pink is the same price as the rest but has 5 yards less.
I found something up at the fleece market that will come in handy for picture taking. :biggrinbounce2:

Hey slowp if you pinch the end of his nose he will let go of the ball. Don't do it hard just kinda close his nostrils.
My friend taught her dog that way.
Thanks for the info on the tape. I may have to get me some.

Mntaingal23,

Nice tip on getting a dog to let go of a ball. I have a black Labrador that wants to hang on to fetch toys. He actually won't fetch a ball. He was trained under Guide Dogs for the Blind for 18 months and they specifically teach them not to fetch balls. Fortunately, they didn't teach him not to fetch sticks.

I'll try your tip on gently pinching the nose tomorrow.

Jon

Howdy everybody!!!!! been out of town for a few days,,,,

Been missing you good folks,,,,:heart: :laugh:

Gonna have a Crawfish boil today for My Daughters graduation,,,,, wont be back till this evening,,, Just checking In!!!! LOL!!!! :blob2:

congrats on the graduation!! hs or college? how many darn kids u got? sheesh.. i know u got a Marine..(hats off on this Memorial Day btw) and a daughter? ur a busy man!!

i'd been wondering why you were silent...

enjoy the graduation celebration!!! Whoooo Hoooo!!! next May, i get to go to Daughter #2's college graduation...

that is when i plan to graduate as well. what is she going to school for and where at?

congrats on the graduation!! hs or college? how many darn kids u got? sheesh.. i know u got a Marine..(hats off on this Memorial Day btw) and a daughter? ur a busy man!!

that is when i plan to graduate as well. what is she going to school for and where at?

She graduated a couple of weeks back College,,,, 5 years worth,, the party was just a celebration with her friends,,,,,,,,,

Kids,,,, got two I can claim,,, and a few adopted ones that grew up/ hung out here with my kids,,, the Girl is a State certified X-Ray Technician,,,,

Lamar University in Beaumont TX,,, She just passed her State Board Certification,,, last week she is waiting on all of her Diplomas/State Registry Certs.. ETC. ETC.

Thanks for the kind words my Marine's next Pump will probably be to Afghanistan He is in Infantry,,, A "Grunt",,,,he has been back from Iraq for two months,,, now he is working with the staff SGT. of his platoon on training new Marines (fresh out of Boot) on Desert fighting,,,

Yeah I'm pretty proud of them Both,,,:clap:

Thats awesome RR. wish i was smart enough to have stayed in the military, or at least smart enough to have gone to school. Parents said they would pay my way through, but I said 'nah thats alright, I'll make my own way through the world'
pretty dumb huh. always good to hear about others just starting out and with such a bright future. congrats on both of em I know it makes the first 18 yrs worth while.

She graduated a couple of weeks back College,,,, 5 years worth,, the party was just a celebration with her friends,,,,,,,,,

Kids,,,, got two I can claim,,, and a few adopted ones that grew up/ hung out here with my kids,,, the Girl is a State certified X-Ray Technician,,,,

Lamar University in Beaumont TX,,, She just passed her State Board Certification,,, last week she is waiting on all of her Diplomas/State Registry Certs.. ETC. ETC.

Thanks for the kind words my Marine's next Pump will probably be to Afghanistan He is in Infantry,,, A "Grunt",,,,he has been back from Iraq for two months,,, now he is working with the staff SGT. of his platoon on training new Marines (fresh out of Boot) on Desert fighting,,,

Two kids that turned out good and that you can be proud of...it doesn't get any better than that. You done good.

sounds like u taught them well...and that they both have there heads screwed on right...is the daughther the oldest of the crew? (if so i know how the Marine feels-Ive got an older sister(1st Lt. Army, stationed in Germany)

give the daughter a good ole SILloggin' congrats:cheers:

btw..does TX have a helmet law?

Thats awesome RR. wish i was smart enough to have stayed in the military, or at least smart enough to have gone to school. Parents said they would pay my way through, but I said 'nah thats alright, I'll make my own way through the world'
pretty dumb huh. always good to hear about others just starting out and with such a bright future. congrats on both of em I know it makes the first 18 yrs worth while.

Dont be down on yourself,,,, It's never too late,,,to better yourself... one of the ladies in her graduating class was 42 years old,,,, if you want it bad enough ,,,, you can do anything you really make your mind up to do,,,,

I am still taking CEU classes for my current certifications,,,

Its all in what you want,,,, the sky is the limit!!!!

Oh no dont get me wrong here, I'm not being hard on myself at all. It's just that I didn't want to hijack the thread and make it about me. But after I posted I noticed it is 63 pages long and this is post 932? so I guess any hijacking took place a week or two ago anyway.

My plan is to send my wife to school. She wants to be an RN. so she is starting the enrollment process and will start classes this fall. The reason for her going and not me is because I make a whopping 14.00 per hour and she makes 10.15 so financially it makes more sense for her to quit her job and go to school full time while taking a part time job and for me to keep working at my job. In a few years when she is making 30.00 per hour then I can quit my job and go to school full time. Why now?? well cause she got knocked up in high school, we were married in school, had 5 kids now two of 'em are out and on their own. of The other three one is 16 and will be on her own before my wife finishes school and the other two are only 10. Can't wait forever but needed to wait long enough to start getting some kids pumped out in to the real world. So no sir, I'm not being hard on myself at all, just biding my time

And yes for everyone else out there I do know what causes it, yes I do see the "error" of my ways, but no I don't know how any of that changes the reality I live in now. I wouldn't change it anyway. Been married for 20 years in August and happily so.

For now I gotta go punch out. I've been on the clock at work for a couple of hours while sitting here at home. 21.00 per hour to eat dinner and surf the web. Im not complaining about my job either lol

Last edited:
Daughter #2 is graduating from Charleston Southern University (SC) in Communications next year; Daughter #1 already has a degree in music; Daughter #3 is majoring in Mathematics at King College in Bristol TN (go NASCAR!) and just got her first non-A in a math class-- linear calculus knocked her knees out from under her and she got a B+... and child #4, the only son, will graduate from high school in 2010 and wants to go to Clemson to major in agronomy...

i think that's all... now child #3 talks about her twin brother who is in rehab, but i think he's an invisible friend... or i am having a memory lapse...

doing things in your own time is OK... i went to college in my 40s, right on to graduate school... it took me 26 years to get a bachelors degree!!! but i was certainly more focused in my 40s then i was earlier... as i tend to tell folks, "once i got sober & the hormones left town, i could learn!" you can do it if you study what sparks your interest...

Daughter #2 is graduating from Charleston Southern University (SC) in Communications next year; Daughter #1 already has a degree in music; Daughter #3 is majoring in Mathematics at King College in Bristol TN (go NASCAR!) and just got her first non-A in a math class-- linear calculus knocked her knees out from under her and she got a B+... and child #4, the only son, will graduate from high school in 2010 and wants to go to Clemson to major in agronomy...

i think that's all... now child #3 talks about her twin brother who is in rehab, but i think he's an invisible friend... or i am having a memory lapse...

sounds like u have a good group of kids yourself!! yea..i don't blame her on the Calculus thing..ive always got pretty good grades(i'm the type that doesn't have to study-my sister was alwasy so PISSED!!) school just doesn't interest me all that much alot of the time-I always go to class(i'm usually thinking about logging while im in class-or the 15 other things i need to be doing)...and when i took Calculus i got an A..but i had to work at it-I had never had it before so I was starting from scratch. I took 17 credit hrs this last semester and walked out with 4 B's and 3 A's (my worst semester to date) and i'm signed up for 18 hrs next semester....and taking a month long summer camp right now...so in between all that and running my own logging business i should stay pretty busy. Tomorrow i'm going to watch a local, big grade sawmill run. I've cut several 100,000 bdft that went to this mill but ive never got to see it in operation. so tomorrow is the day!

What is the age range of your kids. my sis is 26 & I'm 21

Sounds like you are pretty focused!

As of Saturday, son turns 17; girls are 19-23... at one point, i had 4 teenagers under the roof... and lived to tell...

I'm a good guesser ;-)!! that is how i pull it off!! and i'm studying Forestry..so that helps me stay sane!

o my!! i can't amagine 4 teenagers!! I was bad enough by myself...bought my harley at 17 and was all over the place!! i'm surprised by parents didnt' croak!!

Last edited:

Congrats to you and your daughter! Sounds like you have some good kids.

Back