Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy all!

Where we at on this thing? I can't keep up any more, no time. :cry:

Yoo Hoo~!!! do you still make PERFECT ice cream??? i sure hope so...

no dates have been proposed; the month of May is being tossed around; Spotted Owl is going to send out potential dates to get feedback... River Rat is probably coming... slowp is saving huckleberries and i think approx 1200 chainsaws are arriving...

Hey Trin.. you like that little windstorm this Pm? Snow om the way right now...:bang: :bang:

Blast, Andy! i finally got Cable back on... of course, had to report more damage to Mr Wonderful... and had to start the day snow-wading to stop the broken hose from draining the well... sigh...

we didn't get the wind you did... i heard on the radio that there was power lost over your way due to trees falling... thought of you...

and stop that "snow" word! i am planning on doing the polar swim in Kirkland on New Years Day... i don't want it to SNOW! i want to be able to leave the Compound FOR ONE DAY!!! JUST ONE DAY!!! :blob2: that's all i want...

(Day #13 of Captivity in PNW Snow)

Last edited:
My first day out was today... hours of digging to get my truck to the top of the driveway (5 tries..), and all to take our precious 21 3/4 year old kitty for one last trip to the vet... I've has better days... in fact, almost all of them were better than this.

Woodinville-Duvall Rd is blocked by trees just east of us, but we have power.

Last edited:
My first day out was today... hours of digging to get my truck to the top of the driveway (5 tries..), and all to take our precious 21 3/4 year old kitty for one last trip to the vet... I've has better days... in fact, almost all of them were better then this.

so sorry for the reason of your trip... i send big hugs...

<ahem> the one who brung me to the dance had sent me back to the motel... so i missed it!!! a never-again opportunity!!!

A dance, is this anything like the scene from 'Paint Your Wagon' that has the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band a playin, I can just picture Gary & Wind a prancing thru the Gary Goo! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

LOL...That's the story of my life. Uh, how modded is that 660?

Loaned it out to some cutters, who run modded saws from all over and they told me it was the best, snappiest saw they had ever run...
I have not run it. But, it is the full blown Sally, even got ceramic bearings.

The crappy part is, that they used it in a burn, so it is filthy.

Loaned it out to some cutters, who run modded saws from all over and they told me it was the best, snappiest saw they had ever run...
I have not run it. But, it is the full blown Sally, even got ceramic bearings.

The crappy part is, that they used it in a burn, so it is filthy.

Yeah, burns do that.

I can still do the ice cream but not before May. After will be spotty at best. I will be in emt classes Saturdays through April 30th and starting the firefighter academy shortly after that. I am hoping to make it to the gtg though!

I got out today into the woods. There's new blowdown and one looks like it'll stand back up if a woodcutter cuts it wrong. And the mill is off for 3 weeks so it might. We got the wind and nasty wet snow. It was snowing hard up at the unit, and people were driving the road because it was plowed and they thought they would drive on up over Babyshoe Pass and drop down to the Gorge. Unfortunately for them, the plowing doesn't go nearly that far. What fun we have in Winter! I met a big motorhome heading up that way.

I can still do the ice cream but not before May. After will be spotty at best. I will be in emt classes Saturdays through April 30th and starting the firefighter academy shortly after that. I am hoping to make it to the gtg though!

i applaud your progress in these classes!!! But can we spirit you away from the academy??? you know-- sneak in under the dark of night... quiet like a bunch of mice...

This is too weird. Maybe you need to get out of the house and go to town for a while?:cheers:

Too weird? Maybe. Cabin feaver. All the damn snow! Went up and skied my arse off today. Or rather, tonight. Caught Mt Hood between storms. Was great to get on the boards again. My quads are screaming at me for doing all the black diamond runs. I pushed it and skied for about 6 hours. Only 2 beer stops.

Last edited:
I don't think Windy has a place right now...he's kind of schlepping around the PNW looking for food and shelter. Busking sort of...but without the music.

Yep. Windy's old place is still there in Yoncalla/Elkton, with Windy's orange cat and vineyard. However the ex and I split up and it was her ranch. So I took the 361 and wandered around northern California in late summer and knocked some trees down in Mendocino. Then I came back to northern Orygun where I am staying with my oldest brother in rural suburbia through the winter.

Had a weird idea today on the slopes... a winter PNW Chapter of the AS GTG ski trip! To Mt Hood... any takers?

My knees have been owieing this year. Too many batches of cookies tested.
I'd just have to ski the cruising runs and I refuse to ski on weekends. I once worked, actually thrice plus one as a lifty, worked winters at ski areas and learned to love weekday skiing. We get spoiled.

Latest posts

Back