Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lotta lighting last night on the hills be hind us. Was quite the show havent seen any smoke yet but weve been wet till just a week ago or so.

It's good You all have had some Rain,,, we have been really dry here also,,,, but in the last two weeks we have been getting afternoon showers so that has helped quite a bit too!!!! I live right in the southeastern edge of the East Texas Piney woods but our spring (If you could call it that) has been very very Dry So dry,,, that the ground was cracking,,,,,,... Our storms have had lots of lightning too!!!!

Y'all stay Safe

River,,,,

Last edited:
It's good You all have had some Rain,,, we have been really dry here also,,,, but in the last two weeks we have been getting afternoon showers so that has helped quite a bit too!!!! I live right in the southeastern edge of the East Texas Piney woods but our spring (If you could call it that) has been very very Dry So dry,,, that the ground was cracking,,,,,,... Our storms have had lots of lightning too!!!!

Y'all stay Safe

River,,,,

This was like a midwest storm we rarely get that much lighting.

Gologit, are you running the shovel? Or is it a long drive? It says 12:28AM.
We had a thunderstorm and a few raindrops last night but not enough to make the air conditioning kick on. :mad:

Right now I'm on a D-6. I'm mostly cutting breaks and punching out old roads to waterholes...water is really scarce now and the tanker trucks are having trouble finding any water at all. I worked all day in team with a back-hoe. I'd punch out the road and he'd dig out the waterhole. Tomorrow it'll be roads in the morning and breaks in the afternoon.

Just got home...gonna nuke a can of ravioli, scrape off the charcoal and crash for awhile.

Well, you've gone and sent some smoke this way. We're seeing it from somewhere. Water? The Cispus is running high and muddy. There was something about search and rescue for some kayakers this morning. The Cowlitz, where we do our boring kayaking is hard to paddle upstream because it is running hard. I think I'm glad I live here even though we have to put up with the endless rain and wind and slugs and mold....Keep your dozer away from those fires!

I've been asked (Mrs. Jman here) to inquire about the homemade ice cream recipe since bookerdog won't ask for his wife...I can't believe that is a true statement---haha And...hopefully whoever has it will log in and share it cuz we need it for a family gathering tomorrow. No pressure...who thought of this last minute request Mrs. Bookerdog???

Sorry I just got back from Costa Rica. Here is a link to the recipe I used:

http://www.brm-icecream.com/qvic.htm

The fishing in CR was great by the way!

attachment.php

How long did it take for that guy to get the fish in and how did he take it when you jumped into the shot? :jester:

Ian

Wow Nice Sail fish!!!!!

Send Jman's better half a PM to alert them on the recipie.......

I pretty much messed everything up but whateveahhhhh!!!!!

How long did it take for that guy to get the fish in and how did he take it when you jumped into the shot? :jester:

Ian

LOLOL!!!! Ian you are too funny1!!!!

Last edited:
Aha! Thanks for the recipe!

Good catch on the fish! WoW! I'll have to show Jay when he gets back home. He headed over to somewhere in Sherman County Oregon to help fight fire. A group of guys from WS Fire Dept took two trucks over there. Sounded like there were several homes in imminent danger...

All you other guys on the fire lines - keep it safe too!

--Mrs. J

Aha! Thanks for the recipe!

Good catch on the fish! WoW! I'll have to show Jay when he gets back home. He headed over to somewhere in Sherman County Oregon to help fight fire. A group of guys from WS Fire Dept took two trucks over there. Sounded like there were several homes in imminent danger...

All you other guys on the fire lines - keep it safe too!

--Mrs. J

Hey Mrs. J-- Finally figured out who you are ,,, LOLOL!!! You tell Big J to be safe and we hope all goes well w/the Ice cream,,,

Regards,

RR2'ed

Last edited:
- I'm Ready Now ! - BD's PNW GTG 2 -

attachment.php
[/IMG][/IMG]Had a great time at the first and now that I have been lurking a bit on another nameless saw mod site:censored: I have been able to put some faces on some of the other action that went on! With my newest trio of saws I will have the action covered from 42cc to 62cc. You may smile or even outright break up after seeing the pictures of these saws but keep in mind the words of drmiller; "It's suprising what you do after Jusssssstttt a litttttle muffler mod!".:jawdrop:
Hopefully some images are going to appear in this post. One of the three should be of my "sorta" Wild Thing taking care of the big stuff.......Bob

:greenchainsaw:

Been out of the loop for for a bit, what's the latest?

Any word on a possible fall gtg?

Call me crazy, but that Poulan 330 looks kind of nice. It doesn't have that Poulan look I am used to ;)

Your not crazy .axpx! I like the looks of it also. It's 54cc. has mag cases with an aluminum/chrome removable cylinder. There is a real oil pump and other features that set it apart from 50hr. Greenies". (Not the least of which is performance.) It's also been to a certain extent "muffler modded"! With a 20" bar and a Carlton 3/8lp chain it seems faster and lighter than the 49 to 55cc Husky's I have had. The Craftsman is it's similar but bigger brother. Despite the fact that I've been lusting for a Poulan Pro tee shirt I'm not a fan of the brand. They are fun to play with though!!! :)
If and when there is another PNW GTG they will be there to aide in clearly defining the lower bench marks of perfprmance! :)popcorn: there's a needle there somewhere).......Bob

Hey you...run any saws lately? I hear that at the next PNW GTG they're going to get you an 090 with a sixty inch bar.:)

Trinity, you will need a tie dyed hickory shirt. I don't know how to do that.
And my dyed shirt kind of faded back to normal. Hmmm, I see a need for a clinic. A tie dying woods clothes session. Any instructors out there? We can pay with pie, cookies and designer beer.

I will not miss this one for sure! Hope it happens, I was all of a sudden in a pinch and could not make the spring one for timing issues. Looked really fun.

Latest posts

Back