paint em up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate. If it was a quickie I think I'd be happy. That's the result of 3 days work, plus one of my workers giving me a hand, and $$$ in materials. Like I said, If I had to do it over again I wouldn't. I think I would have got a better result paying someone else to do it, and ended up in roughly the same financial position.

Really, you need to have your chipper off the road 3-5 days to do a decent job, which is a long time. That's a lot of lost working hours. The days need to be consecutive too, which means you can't just get your workers to chip away at it if you have the odd spare day available. The only time of year I end up with that sort of time is winter, which is completely unsuitable for painting. If I had a heated shed things might be different. I guess you've got to add on top of that the spraying is really bad for your health (not the paint so much, but the thinners) and illegal in most places also.

In comparison, Doing my truck was well worth it, and a huge savings. I painted it with rollers and brushes (completely legal) which was fast, wasted no paint, and gave a good result. It saved a good amount of money also, $3k to get it painted vs one day of my time, and about $200 in materials all up.

Shaun

Latest posts

Back