Part rattling around in a 2050 - what is it? Pic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this nice parts saw off ebay...put it and mine together, but there was this little pin thingy floating around in the plastic housing. Whatcha think it is?

EDIT: wow, I can see my fingerprints :D

When he sees how big your freaking hands are he'll give you a full refund and tell you to keep the saw.

Tell him thats the crank and he sold you a saw with a bad seal

Looks like the part of a filter or mabey a breather that a tubing connects to and the filter or breather is missing...

My thumb isn't very big...about the size of my nostrils :laugh:

It's 3/16" dia x 5/8" long, the head is about 1/2" across. The saw runs...reckon it must not be essential. :D It didin't have a starter or flywheel when i got it, so I used mine, I bet it came out when the flywheel failed or something. Gotta pull it off tonight to see if the JB weld held, I'll see if I see one like it in there somewhere. Thanks for the advice and the laughs - Dave Idby = David B

Ok, THATS right, its a pivot for the starter pawl. I should have thought about that. probably the old flywheel got destroyed, and that got stuck inside the saw somehow.

Back