Partner 5000 plus and 500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
Well finally got my 2 new 50cc saws from the early 80's. Man what a saw they must have been back then and to me now. I bet the P 5000 was like the Dolmar 5100S is talked about today. My question is. Is there a part source out there for clutch springs and etc for Partner saws?
e14c2853.jpg

CopyofDSCF0003.jpg

They werent any good back then, they arent any good today...

Ill give you 5 bucks each...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

congrats on the saws...Id like to find a few larger Partners myself! About how heavy are they?

They feel alot lighter then mike acres site says they are. I picked up my 220,305,500,5000 and the partners feel lighter and balanced.

RED-85-Z51 said:
They werent any good back then, they arent any good today...

Ill give you 5 bucks each...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

congrats on the saws...Id like to find a few larger Partners myself! About how heavy are they?

How old was you when these saws came out? I think that the 50cc partner was one of the best saws made at that time. I also know that they are as FAST as ANY 50cc saw of today.

Rick

HELSEL said:
How old was you when these saws came out? I think that the 50cc partner was one of the best saws made at that time. I also know that they are as FAST as ANY 50cc saw of today.

Rick

I was being sarcastic dude. Partners are awesome.

obtw, depends on how early in the 80's we are talking here...Pre 1986 I wasnt even born yet.

Sorry, You never know about this place.That 50cc partner makes a good 3 cube race saw.

Not (dude)

Rick

The 5000 + is 1983, Both are pre 1986. Red you wasnt thought of yet I bet.

Back in the 80's we were selling a Husqvarna 50 Magnum. This saw was created in Charlotte, NC by the Husqvarna Distributor owned by Jim Thompson, The guy that made Husqvarna as far as I'm concerned. They brought in Partner 5000 cylinders and pistons and put them on 50 Rancher (the old white top) saws. These saws were awesome. The first one I received we got out of the box on Thursday and blew the competition out of the water on Saturday at the Races. Back then we had Chainsaw competition's on monthly bases. Husqvarna Sweden made them stop building them in the states. We built some ourselves after they stopped. It was a simple bolt on with no modifying at all. Someday I'll tell you more about the old Husqvarna distributors that made Huqvarna what they are today.

As for parts sources for the P5000, you may try parts for Jonsered 490 and 590, maybe also 2051, 2054 and 2055. These saws are more or less based on the P5000 design.
The same is the case with Husky 50, 51 and 55.

There is also a whole lot of other Partner, Husky and Jred models that are based on the P500, and probably shares some parts with it (P410, 460, 490, 510 - Jred 2041, 2045, 2050 - H 40, 45, 49).

Last edited:
What really puzzles me with the P5000, is that max power output is only 2.1kW/2.9hp according to CSCC.

From what I have read about these saws, it should be a bit more. :bang:

I am really impressed with the cut speed and torque of these little saws. I would compare them both with the dolmar 5100S running stock for stock. They seem to run close in rpm range and dont loose much in the cut. I even ran rakers on the 5000 at 32 to see if I could get a little bog in the cut while pushing on it. Even though the 500 is open port and 5000 is closed port the 500 is right on the 5000 tails even though both are running some small cutter .325 stuff in the wood right now. Wish I had a tach to get rpm's listed, but I dont and all by ear. I dont care what the hp ratings says at this point, these little guys smoke. Maybe if I can find some fresh wood. I could run some stock times on my 5000,500,305, and if I have a stock 5100S show up we can compare some times with WORK chains.

Last edited:
Well I got my 16" 3/8 050 bar and 3/8 sprocket and rim set up today. I put it on the 5000 and tested some stihl RS 3/8 on it first. Didnt want to tear up any square chisel chain on clearnce issues. No problems and the saw really cooks, even stock. I went to a .325 carlton full chisel 15" on the 500. It cut good, but near as fast as the 5000 by feel. I hope to find some fresh wood someday when things slow down and get some cut times for the different chains and saws.

:pumpkin2: A new lady member who knows how to work the search function! Saw Mans Wife, you need to teach a lot of the new boys around here to do the same!

Welcome to the site - someone is sure to chime in and help you out. More than likely, you will end up with some used parts...nothing wrong with that though. Usually much easier on the pocket book!

Hi All,

My husband has an old Partner 5000 and is looking for parts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the site! :rockn: :rockn:

It is really nice with more women here, hopefully you will stay, and post more.......;)

Cut4fun hopefully knows were to find parts, as he have several of those saws.

If not, I would look for parts saws at E-bay.......

What are you needing? Welcome and way to use the search feature, we got a smart one here folks.
Also in the trader section someone has a 5000,500,51 complete running saws FS and extra parts too.
Here are the runners I have and enough parts for maybe another complete one and a couple topends.
Copyofpartners004.jpg

Last edited:
Back