Partner 5000 plus and 500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the nice welcome!!! :biggrinbounce2:

My hubby says he's looking for a handle. The one on his saw broke and he put a patch on it, but the wife thinks he should replace the handle. (The main handle...lol...as you can tell...I'm not the saw runner!) I'm sure that's clear as mud...but hopefully you know which handle I am trying to describe.

So....what's the saw of choice on this site? My husband is a Stihl man. He got the old Partner from his dad who retired from cutting wood. He burned out the motor on his Stihl 021, so now he's using the Partner til the wife says he can get a new Stihl...LOL (Too funny!!) He says the 029 is too big for most stuff. (...they all look the same to me!) Maybe some of you guys could enlighten me as to why he needs a new saw when he has those two? LOL

How much wood do you cut in a season? We're in Minnesota, so we go thru lots of wood. We have an outdoor burner that heats our house and our pole shed. (water lines in the floor out there). This winter the hubby cut 35 pick up loads by himself. I did help once or twice, but not much. Bad wife!!!

We'll wait to hear from you Cut4fun and anyone else who replys.

The 1st link is a broken 5000 handle welded by a member here.
The 2nd link is about fixing 5000 handles in a thread.
You can cut notches in the partner 500 handle on lower left and they will work too. Jonsered 490 and 590 handles work also. There is a couple on ebay for sale right now. If you need help to find them let me know.
I have one 5000 handle without rubber coating and a grey pioneer/partner 5000/500 handle and a 500 converted to a 5000, just dont know about getting rid of one, but I will check this weekend if I have a spare one to let go.
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41571&d=1166034037
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=39636&highlight=5000+handle

Back