Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we discussed this before, but what is the best way/tool for removing the oil pump drive gears? I know there is a coarse and a fine, so I need two different tools?

I dont have the special tool but I had the crank all out of a 5000 and I used a small flywheel puller behind the oil gear there was a thick washer i think? I hooked behind that and applied a litte heat and she came right off.I asked my say shop and the just break them apart they said they are only $7.00 but that was when they did a lot of 5000's .The price may be more now .check to be sure you can get one first before doing it their way.

I have a guy from work who knows I like Partners and he wants me to look over tune up his R 420Actually he called it an R-20 so maybe that is what it is and not an R420. I have never seen one except on here .He said it runs but a little rough .What should I look for are there any regular type problems to look for? Somthing that the 420's are noted for? Thanks Jeff

Hey one more question guys this saw, will it have a Govener? I think it will and next is should i disable it? I know I did the one on my R517.I put a peice of gasket material in the hole then re-screwed in the govener.If I should do this how will it affect the adj and I think I was told it is safe for the engine to do this? otherwise I wouldnt have done it to my own.What is your opinionon this? Thanks Jeff

Hey one more question guys this saw, will it have a Govener? I think it will and next is should i disable it? I know I did the one on my R517.I put a peice of gasket material in the hole then re-screwed in the govener.If I should do this how will it affect the adj and I think I was told it is safe for the engine to do this? otherwise I wouldnt have done it to my own.What is your opinionon this? Thanks Jeff

I disable them all, they just seem to work better without it. I've had no problems yet. As far as adjustment, I always have the carb apart anyway so I just adjust it to whatever it needs when I'm done.

If it's a 420 it probably has a tilly HS, so yes it will have a govener.

Last edited:
Last edited:
P70

I thot maybe the rest of the letters came off :)

YAP thats a p70 for sure, all 7000 and 7000+ were not ignitron but Elux coiled saws. NO WORRIES!!! I have 6 runner 70cc saws and the P70 with T-port run better and seen to always be in better shape inside. Only difference is T-Port exguast.

Duane

R20

View attachment 230243View attachment 230244View attachment 230245View attachment 230242Thanks dss.I will disable it . I called that guy yesterday and he will be dropping it off today.I asked him if it was a r420 and he said nope its an r20 says so right on the sticker.He says this saw is almost new still has all the paint on the bottom.So when I get it ti will snap a few.

Great saws lots of power for 65cc, outstanding cutting saws, my favorite ones!!!

Duane

Great saws lots of power for 65cc, outstanding cutting saws, my favorite ones!!!

Duane

I ordered a carb kit for it I'll pick up a plug and change the fuel lines as well.
That carb had a small delicate white plastic thing w/a an allen screw that went down into the top of the carb.The other end rested on the throttle rod.It was i say was screwed to the top of the carb by a small tab that one of the screws passes through. Well needless to say it broke off some how I dont think I even touched it? So now i gotta see if i can super glue it back to the tab it broke free from.I looks like you could have made some sort of "fine" adjustment to the diaphram pin? have you ever seen anything like this before?

230402d1332533570-img_0225-jpg

230403d1332533585-img_0226-jpg

230401d1332533546-img_0224-jpg

That i have seen before.
Looks to me like when you choke it,
It pushes the little screw down onto
the metering diaphram through the
hole in the cover. Which to me would
allow more fuel for easier starting.

Lee

what would be the harm?

ok well when i just brushed up agianst it, it fell off so it must have been almost broken off all the way.If my glue job does not last and this thing falls off again .....what harm will it do to leave it off?

Looks like a primer to me. The choke should pull fuel up with a couple of extra pulls.

Al.

Help! Need a part...

Hey all,

My 5000+ starter cover has just disintegrated on me. I was just getting started on my firewood for next season! Can anyone send me in the right direction to find a part? I have looked in the classifieds here and on a few suppliers websites without any luck.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Craig

Back