Partner Farmer F55A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Con

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there. I am a little bit new to all this so forgive me if I ask obvious questions.
I inherited a Partner Farmer a couple of years back. I used it occasionally and was able to source chains no problem but I never really gave the old saw much attention because I did not use it much. More recently myself and a couple of mates have really got into chainsawing, mainly because we all have wood burners and it gets us away from the wives! They have a bit of a joke at my expense because of the age of the saw but frankly it seems to perform better than their plastic ones so I intend to keep it and look after it.
I am in the process of trying to source a new chain bar as the old Sanvik one if pretty worn, I find that she tends not to cut a straight line too well.
Whilst I was in the mood I thought I would give it a good strip down and clean, I must of nearly halved the weight of it by just cleaning it inside! I am starting to regret not paying it more attention because it really is a very faithfull saw.
I have managed to source some piston rings from an Ebay seller in Greece so I intend on changing them.
I have a couple of questions, firstly how should I replace the gasket once I have fitted the rings and secondly is there anything else I should service whilst I am this far along, apart from obvious things like filters, clean tank etc.
Many Thanks.

Back