Partner K700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Morning All,

Haven't posted in a while but I need some info and this seemed like the best place to ask. I acquired an old Partner K700 cut-off saw. It is old enough to not be the Active or Active II versions. It has a conical air filter (it is missing some of the air filter housing), a non-EPA carb so no fixed jets. I took off the muffler and the piston appears to be in great shape, no scoring. The previous owner put in a new spark plug and coil assembly. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with one of these or has the manuals. I can only find the Active and Active II manuals online, which should be good enough. To get started I want to figure out how to wire the kill switch and get the correct air filter.

Cheers,

Jeff

Before spending any money on the saw.
The intake side of the piston is what you need to look at on multipurpose saws. The intake side of the piston will often be damaged enough that the saw may not fire over or if it does will not run correctly. There are aftermarket pistons and cylinder, gasket sets that will fit.
I have one that came with new lines, wires, carb, and sparkplug, coil in a bag. Needed a P/C, coil was working.

Justsaws,

Thanks for the info, I guess I'm taking the jug apart this weekend.

Well, I pulled the carburetor off to take a look at the input side of the piston and I think it looks very good. Here is the exhaust side showing the ring and the piston body:IMG_1570.JPGIMG_1571.JPG

And here is the intake side showing the same thing:
IMG_1568.JPGIMG_1572.JPG

Thinking at this point to really clean off the grime and see what I have.

Yeah, that saw needs a bath. Clean the saw exterior then that cylinder needs to be removed and carefully cleaned and inspected. The piston looks gunked up. Hopefully that is not concrete dust, mix, alum, and plating gummed all over the piston. I would certainly not dump money into the saw yet.

Latest posts

Back