Parts Best Place to purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
missing

missing

ArboristSite Lurker
hello,

is there a reccomended stihl parts house on the web or local in the San Antonio area that the group could reccomend. it seems that the carb overhaul kit is so small, shipping will not kill the price to get it online.

i have been to a few of the parts houses here that have stihl on the door. and they are not too enthused to sell me a carb kit or it has to be ordered. my confidence level is not high that i will get the correct kit based on this interaction. so the web is a logical choice for me. i am open to suggestions. this is for a 041 farm boss. due to the age of the saw, is the only reason i feel the need to overhaul the carb. or at the least take it apart and see why it wont run, and i am going to take it apart, might as well have a carb kit to rebuild when i have it apart.
thanks

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
You just need a Walbro HS carb kit. Should cost betten $5 and 10 depending on where you buy it. The HS carb is used in many saws and 2 stoke OPE so you shouldn't have any trouble locating it. Try Bailey's.

missing

missing

ArboristSite Lurker
Baileys seems to be out

i went and looked at the numbers on the saw one more time.

number on side of carb is 1810317
S/N of saw is 9529539

where can i get teh lean and the rich screw setting for the saw, and what the oil to gas ratio is. i am going to tinker with it some more to see what i can find out in more troubleshooting. compression is tight on saw with plug in place. plug out it pulls fine. so i dont think straight gas was ever run thru saw. the carb appears to be new. so i dont know if my dad replaced and never got it running or what, hard to ask him, he sits beside me, but not real talkative in the box.
what started this get my saw running again is a large pine of some type that broke a limb off in my front yard. i will send a pic of it next to see what kind of pine and to make sure it is in good health.
thanks to all for the help.

missing

missing

ArboristSite Lurker
Got The Parts On The Way

HELLO,
was able to get the parts ordered in SA. from James Lawn mower Service. and i have the settings for the oil gas, and the carb. BTW, James ordered the parts and will call when they arrive. all others couldn't order unless i come down and order at the store. FYI.