parts for Homey 1130!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, tore into the saw more the last 2 days, found the sprocket shaft has a sheared key-way, will have to try and find that tomorrow. But still not having alot of luck on 2 parts, the inside gear housing that mounts the spikes, and the top of the fuel tank. P/N for the housing is A63398C, and the cover-fuel tank is 596873. Almost afraid to take the gear housing apart, might find a busted gear or 2! :angry:

They have been known to have clutch (spider) breakage problems. That gear housing looks like it would be hard to find and expensive if you do. Maybe
one of the parts dealers has a parts saw to cannibalize for the housing. No way to repair the bumper spike mounting without replacing the housing?

looks like the housing has been broke for awhile, plus it also looks like a peiece or 2 is missing! The shaft damage is where one of the 2 keys would sit, it appears to have been damaged a long time ago.

Called Hawkins brothers earlier, and have not gotten a call back on the 2 parts I really need, may have to really call down the list!

I have given up on Hawkins Brothers. They mat have every Homelite part ever made but they SUCK at following up on orders. I ordered the same parts 4 times from them and NEVER GOT THEM ONCE!

L. Sam Hawkins:

Hello to all. Not trying to throw a curve ball here, but I have called L. Sam Hawkins and talked to him on the phone about saw parts. He seem like a very personable fellow and was very helpfully in locating parts I needed for my saws. I've also sent him emails, requesting parts and he's always respopnded, maybe not emediately, but in a timely mannor. I would expect a phone call would have been faster, but I was in no rush for what I was looking for. I don't always check my emails everyday if I'm busy doing something. But, I've so far been satisfied with there service and would recomend them to anyone. If they have the parts on hand, they'll ship them to you in a timely manner also. Had my parts in 2 days from MO to NY. I have no problems doing business with them. This Is JMO and as I've said not trying to start anything. Everyone take care. Lewis.

I needed simple stuff for a Homelite Super EZ Automatic and an XL-12 fairly common stuff as old saw parts go. Never got a part. I'd call and ask how my order was coming along, no record of me ordering anything, so I'd re-order, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I have to wonder if the best way to deal with type of thing is to have a few of us cooperate in nailing down parts and parts saws on ebay. We don't have to bid agaist each other if we all know whats going on and we can split up our parts saws to spread parts to those in the cooperative effort. Think about it. More eyes to find stuff and lower prices in a cooperative effort.

Maybe we can swap off lower priority projects to help as well.

I have a XL-12 with a scratched piston but everything else is in good shape and it actually runs really well, easy to start and has good power. I also have a new PISTON I bought for it. Its trade material as I want to move to the 95cc and 100cc Homelites. I'm trying to build & restore a pair of 1130G's one of which I ebayed for parts from a forum member here(It ended up being the final saw after blending). I would like to find & restore yet another XP-1020A. I just like that class saw. My current project is blending a 707g and a 770or775 I just eBayed for its Bar& Chain..hope to get a top end as well. I would really like to cherry out my 925. It doesn't need much.
Point is if get folks talking about projects and maybe one hand can wash the other.

Here is a short list of stuff I'm trying to get ahold of. I need a set of rings & possibly a barrel for my 707g. I would like to get as many XP-1020, C7, and XL-925 class parts & saws as I can. I also want to convert my 1/2 chain gear drive saws to .404. We need a place where we can discuss this stuff. I will trade out things like my XL-12, C-5's, and other parts to focus on the XP-1020, 1130G, C7, XL-925, XL-800, 707G class Homelites I want to build, use, restore, and collect.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have been trying to contact Hawkins recently & had no luck.

I live about 2 hours from them & have been to the shop & met Sam.

Real nice guy & very helpfull.

I only have his email & i suspect that it has changed.

If anyone has their current contact info, i would appreciate it.

Mike

Weime, if i find em, i'll let you know what I get, I'm slowly getting rolling on building parts up. Rebuilding the old 1130, I want to have it right, not halfway!

I'll do the same. PM me the stuff you need as things evolve and I will do the same. There is a local dealer with a pile of old stuff I have found usefull...and I also plan to do another trip to a couple of dealers out east of me who stock NOS McCulloch and Homelite parts real reasonable so far. (I want a 24in Bar-Chain combo for my running 1020 and a 22in for my working C-7)

I have found filter, carb, and ignition parts are available new from my local chain saw store.

Also some stuff from the C-5 thru C-9 series retro to the 1130 & 1020 series. Even have the same Part numbers.

Mike mandry said:
Hey guys, I have been trying to contact Hawkins recently & had no luck.

I live about 2 hours from them & have been to the shop & met Sam.

Real nice guy & very helpfull.

I only have his email & i suspect that it has changed.

If anyone has their current contact info, i would appreciate it.

Mike
Hi Mike, Sent you a PM with his number and a few others. Let me know if the Hawkins number is not good.
Ray

Last edited:
weimedog said:
I have to wonder if the best way to deal with type of thing is to have a few of us cooperate in nailing down parts and parts saws on ebay. We don't have to bid agaist each other if we all know whats going on and we can split up our parts saws to spread parts to those in the cooperative effort. Think about it. More eyes to find stuff and lower prices in a cooperative effort.

Maybe we can swap off lower priority projects to help as well.

I have a XL-12 with a scratched piston but everything else is in good shape and it actually runs really well, easy to start and has good power. I also have a new PISTON I bought for it. Its trade material as I want to move to the 95cc and 100cc Homelites. I'm trying to build & restore a pair of 1130G's one of which I ebayed for parts from a forum member here(It ended up being the final saw after blending). I would like to find & restore yet another XP-1020A. I just like that class saw. My current project is blending a 707g and a 770or775 I just eBayed for its Bar& Chain..hope to get a top end as well. I would really like to cherry out my 925. It doesn't need much.
Point is if get folks talking about projects and maybe one hand can wash the other.

Here is a short list of stuff I'm trying to get ahold of. I need a set of rings & possibly a barrel for my 707g. I would like to get as many XP-1020, C7, and XL-925 class parts & saws as I can. I also want to convert my 1/2 chain gear drive saws to .404. We need a place where we can discuss this stuff. I will trade out things like my XL-12, C-5's, and other parts to focus on the XP-1020, 1130G, C7, XL-925, XL-800, 707G class Homelites I want to build, use, restore, and collect.
This is the point of a collectors forum. ;)

ray, the hawkins number you gave me is good, they just didn't return the call. Gave them the P/N's to save them time researching the parts. :angry:

The 1130 will be hard to find parts around here, since I imported this one from Wisconsin! Cleaning up and rebuilding a 240, cute little saw! Would take about 5 of them to equal the "BIG DAWG"! :)

Latest posts

Back